1. Stefan Malkwitz
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 14 May 2020 11:43 AM UTC

Hello,

We encountered some random crashes in our application with PB2019r2.
Now we are considering turning back the version.

Is there a simple sollution to downgrade from pb2019r2 to pb2019r0 without loosing all user settings?

best regards Stefan Malkwitz

Stefan Malkwitz Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 4 June 2020 11:24 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hello.

The Problems still exists. I want to give you some additional information.
We cannot reproduce the error and that's our biggest problem. It occurs in different places in the application.
Sometimes right after logging in, sometimes after several hours of working in the program.A customer's error always occurs in connection with the KERNELBASE.DLL, for example.

Here is one error from the event log:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: sdlog_expert_dmlr.exe, Version: 1.0.0.1, Zeitstempel: 0x5e99c389
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 6.3.9600.19425, Zeitstempel: 0x5d26ae6e
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00034e28
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xdfb8
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d63a5b3ce91fca
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: E:\fs_soft\_sdlogdmlr\01_SDLOG_Demmler\sdlog_expert_dmlr.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: d527aabd-a652-11ea-813d-00505692dac9
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Our solution will probably be to go back to the r0 version and wait for the next update

regards ... Stefan

Attachments (2)
Comment
  1. Ken Guo @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 10 June 2020 00:48 AM UTC
Hi Stefan ,

In order to better track and handle this issue, please submit this bug to our support system (https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug).

Regards,

Ken

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Rudolf Fürst Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 16 May 2020 13:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi.

Stefan is my colleague and is currently on vacation. Therefore I would like to briefly describe the cause and solution of the problem. These are views with nested DW’s. These views were called retrograde. The system sometimes crashed on the second call. No matter whether in the development environment or runtime. These views worked from PB 6.5 to PB 2019. The problem was due to dbname = “lfv_lber.artkid“ in line 21. Column “lfv_lber.artkid“ never exists in DB.

Rudi

Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. Ken Guo @Appeon
  2. Monday, 18 May 2020 09:15 AM UTC
Hi Rudolf,

Thanks for providing these files for us, but since I don't have the database tables, I still can't reproduce the issue.

If you can provide a small case (pbl/pbt) with all DB tables involved in the small case dw, including nested dw, it will be very helpful for us to analyze the issue.

Please help confirm that if you change dbname to "artkid" from "lfv_lber.artkid", whether you can use PB 2019 R2 normally? Or will there be some other issues?

In order to better track and handle this issue, please submit this bug to our support system (https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug).

Regards,

Ken

1. Helpful
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 15 May 2020 03:37 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Stefan,

We take this crash issue very seriously. To reproduce this issue and find out the root cause of it quickly, could you please report a bug in our support ticketing system (https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug)? And there will be a dedicated staff tracks and addresses this issue.

To better understand the issue, please input the PB Build version, database type and let us know whether the Theme functionality is enabled when you submit the bug. It would be better if you could also provide the Windows Error Event Log. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ken

Comment
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 14 May 2020 15:33 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

There is no simple downgrade.  You need to revert back to the version of .PBLs you had before the upgrade, uninstall PowerBuilder 2019 R2, and then reinstall PowerBuilder 2019.  But I would recommend you open a support ticket and work with our staff to figure out if there is really a regression bug or something else going on.  Overall, the quality of a revision should be better than the base release because it includes many more bug fixes.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 14 May 2020 20:40 PM UTC
Hi Stefan;

On top of what Armeen stated about locating a back-up of your App's source code "pre-R2", I have helped some PB Developers already revert back. The key is to:

1) Close the PB IDE

2) Completely Uninstall PB2019 R2 via the MS-Windows control panel - "Apps" section.

3) If you have the Cloud Pro edition and are using PowerServer, you have two options: Keep PS2020 (from R2) or revert back to PS2019. See my note later on about this.

4) Once you have uninstalled PB2019 R2 completely, open the RegEdit utility and search for the keyword "Appeon". If the entry relates to PB2019 - DELETE it! Perform this search/delete for all matches (bit of a PIA though).

5) Reboot your PC.

6) Download and install PB2019 GA

7) Download and install PB2019 MR2170 (Dec 2019).

* highly recommended. Also required if you are staying with PS2020.

8) Reboot your PC

9) Start the PB2019 IDE

HTH - Regards ... Chris

PS: as Armeen also states ... please open a support ticket for extra help (if needed).
  1. Helpful
  1. David Peace (Powersoft)
  2. Friday, 15 May 2020 07:19 AM UTC
Hi Chris

I'm not sure that it is really nessasary to delete the registry entries. I have succesfully reverted back build numbers and releases witht he full uninstall and reinstall old version. Admidedly not PB2019r2, what is it in the registry that matters or is this just belt and baces to make sure?

Cheers

David
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 15 May 2020 15:03 PM UTC
Hi David;

FWIW: Its been "hit & miss" for me and other customers. What Stefan could do is try the reinstall without the RegEdit step. If the reinstall works great .. if not, do the RegEdit step.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.