Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, I'm trying to install Powerbuilder 2017 silently onto Windows 2016, however I can see the pre-requisite is SQLAnywhere2017. Installing PB manually I can decide NOT to install SQLAnywhere, so wondering what's the reason behind this being requ...
Update:  03-JUL-2020We found a copy of the DLL and deployed it with the utility. At this point everything compiles, but we have an unrelated DW_1 Retrieval Error occurring (the discussion is in a separate thread).~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
Hello,Im running from Snap 2019 R2 #2323 the simplest datastore WebApi and performing the simplest GET from browser: http://localhost:5000/api/department/retrieve all ok. When running from command prompt instead (same machine, same DB, same .NET co...
Good day!   Caan I modifiy and update rows using treeview datawindow?   thank you!...
I have been playing with SnapDevelop. I have a dll I wrote in C# .NET Framework Standard which fails to compile after opening the solution in SnapDevelop, even though it works just fine in Visual Studio 2017 and 2019. The error is gives is: Please c...
Hi, I am trying to connect to SQL Server when the system is forcing a password change.  When using SQLCMD the (-z) option is used to specify the new password. I cannot seem to find a property in the PowerBuilder Transaction object to allow me to spec...
Hi all,  Is there an easy way of installing the appeonbrowser.exe on a shared machine, or is it only possible via individual profiles of the users of that computer? Thanks Bryant...
Hi, i need help while printing RTF runtime app compiled with PB2019. Printing RTF documents from environment is ok, but if i do the same from exe app the process is slow and the document content is not correct. Header information is imissing (heade...
In VS 2019 in menu Edit have Paste Special -> Paste Json/XML As Classes. I can't find this functionality in SnapDevelop ?!...
Hi there I am installing PowerServer 2019 R2 on a Windows Server 2016 as the server's admin. The installer is telling me that the site I assigned the PowerServer to be installed is not running. but, it is according to the IIS. I have the applicati...
Hi I am asked to install Appeon File Server to another location (per our IIS settings) on our server instead of the root - C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ I am wondering if I install the file server to the new location, say, D:\something\something, how would t...
How do I set up a file server 'landing pad' for in-coming/out-going files? Thank you!...
Hi, Im configuring one of my powerbuilder desktop app into web format. The functionalities is almost the same and needed minor adjustments, but the UI is not entirely deployed as it is on the desktop version.  For example: On desktop version, th...
Version Mobile O/S: Android 6.0.1Internet Explorer:  11.471.17134.0IIS 10.0.18362.1PowerBuilder Universal:   2019R2 Build 2328.00PowerServer (PB Edition): 2020 Build 2323.00 From AEMVersion of AWS:           12.0.2323.00.apk   From C:\inetpub\wwwroot...
Hi Everyone, I'm having an issue on a VM (Windows 10 Enterprise , 64 bit, 12 GB Ram). I'm using a timer to start a windows login application, but for some reason timer event never runs. Any idea about this issue. I ran same application on a differen...
I'm using infomaker 17 and have a form with dropdown choices for a field that need editing but I cannot figure how to open the data view (I believe that's what it's called) to make changes. ...
good morning I'm starting to work with PostgreSQL, but I'm having some difficulties. It looks like an IDE problem. Can anyone help me ? I attach Print Screen   1) i see the tables   2) if i selecct a table i can't see the columns   3) i...
Hi, I'm using PB 2017. starting from few days ego,when compiling an object,  I am not getting a display errors of the compilation. the save icon continue being blue ( does not become grey). The help message on the bottom left says "saving user obje...
Hello guru I'm playing with the branches. From what I understand, whenever I change the branch I have to do a 'refresh'. is it right? but ..... I noticed that the exported files on the folders do not match. In particular there are many mo...
Hi There, Is it possible to set the background colour for grid datawindows to be different than all other datawindows in the theme.json file for PowerBuilder 2019 Build 2082? If not, is this a feature included in PowerBuilder 2019 r2? Thanks,...

There are no discussions available here currently