Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, I am trying to test PowerBuilder 2019 R3, but the installer has an malware in it. I tried to install it in my work computer, and it presented an error. Then, i tried to install it in my personal computer, the Panda Antivirus catch the malwa...
Hello,The case is this: for every row in table A- I want to updates these records in table B, which points on A.ID What I've managed to do: - for ll_i = 1 to dw_a.RowCount()  if in b exists records for a get records from b do ds_b  ds_b.update  ds_b....
Hi, How do I the easiest way install the new "Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server" Would it be enough to simply copy the single dll (msoledbsql.dll) into ../system32 (or the 32bit version into SysWOW64 for 32 bit pb apps) ? This link explains t...
Regarding Ole excel - powerbuilder script I Want to Find the last column Cell in a excel(Result should be for ex: Y6 or Z10) using the below usedrange, script i can able to get the total columns and total rows ll_xls_cols = excel.worksheets(1).Use...
When try to deploy my application with the new PowerClient c/s deployment feature, after compiling the pbd files, deployment fails with the error message: Failed to split the PBD files Failed to publish the PowerClient app The app it's rather big....
I get several errors like this   19:53:12 Failed to parse UserObject pbdom_text. 19:53:12 00005: Failed to parse the source code. Line: 6 19:53:12 Failed to parse UserObject pbdom_processinginstruction. 19:53:12 00005: Failed to parse the source...
After adding my Workspace to source control (Git) the .pbg file is encoded as utf-8 with bom. When using OrcaScript to create a PBL from source, it fails with "Unable to process map file: c:\pb_test_build\app1.pbg". When I change the encoding t...
Trying to add the Appeon resize service to an app and struggling.  If I allow all objects within a window to be default resize state (don't use of_setflag to make any changes) then works fine.  But if I make any changes to lock a dw so that its x and...
Hello,  ******************* https://www.appeon.com/company/events/powerbuilder-2019-r3-preview-part-3-visual-enhancements.html The WebBrowser control now allows for PowerScript to execute JavaScript loaded in the control, both synchronously and as...
PS 2020 WEB: In the IWA i have a user that just started getting a "failed to decompress the file.  Error Code: 13" what is error code 13?  how do you fix error code 13?    ...
HI can anybody help me. why would pipemeter event in pipelines not excuted when i run it dynamically in a window with .start I have my breakpoint in pipestart and it goes in there but not my breakpoint in the pipemeter event...
Hi, we have an issue executing a pipeline: Our PB19 application is crashing on runtime when we execute a pipelie and the value of a column is greater than column size. We have correct it changing the column size on pipeline. But, ¿is there any way...
Hi Can anyone help, I am sending a pdf via email from a powerbuilder app, this all works fine as i create a temp directory within the app directory - create the file - attach it - send and then delete -all good however when i run the powerserver we...
We recently made the switch to Powerbuilder 2019 R2 and started building in 64 bit.    We have several programs that use external fucntion calls.   These now cause the program to crash when running the exe.   The IDE works but I believe that's becau...
Hi, I am using snapdevelop to convert from powerbuilder to C# api. Database used is Informix Version 12.10.FC13. I have converted one of the data windows(C# model) and created model,as well as scaffolded the retrieve method by adding data context w...
Hi, I have to print two Datawindows in one PrintJob for printing on both sites. How can I do that?     Thanks...
I recently upgraded PowerBuilder 2019 build 2082 to PowerBuilder 2019 R2 build 2353. Since doing so my application crashes. Nothing else changed. It runs fine in PowerBuilder debug mode, so that hasn't helped me find the issue. The version built in 2...
I'm not sure if this forum is appropriate and, if not, then I apologize in advance. I am seeking an independent PB software developer or small PB shop to take over the maintenance of my classic PB application for medical staffing.  I want to be remo...
Hi - OS = Windows 10 Pro - PowerBuilder CloudPro edition 2019 Build 2353   I have post this problem before but no working solution was found. Issue: - I have a dw control (inherited from datawindow) with the VScrollBar and LiveScroll properties...
Can someone please try to solve it ? ExtractorObject lnv_extractor lnv_extractor = Create ExtractorObject ahttpclient.GetResponsebody(lb_Body) li_ret = lnv_extractor.Extract(lb_body, lb_Extr, ArchiveFormatGZip!)   li_ret =1 whisch is good when ...

There are no discussions available here currently