Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
What are the features available in power builder trial version?...
Hello there, is there any way to clone a userobject with al it's references.   I have a userobejct (uo_userobject_1) with 2 datastores and many proterties.   If I want to clone this obejct like    uo_userobject_2 = uo_userobject_1   it only ...
We recently began looking into Shared Object functions to multithread some long running processes in our system.  While putting together a business case, I found that these functions are not supported in PowerServer (Web). I wasn't sure if displayin...
Hi, I'm using the SnapObjects SelectProcedure function in a web api and I want to know how to catch an error that occurs in the stored procedure (from a RAISERROR command in the stored procedure.)  The SelectProcedure works ok and fills my model with...
Hello,         Recently I have migrated a very old Powerbuilder application to the version 2019 R2. I have tested some windows and inserts, updates and deletes and I noticed that a lot of procedures datawindows was not returning any rows in the retr...
Hi Experts,   We have a web portal where we have an api which is called from the PowerBuilder application it will gives as a pdf file as out put. So We are using HTTPClient to achieve this but we are getting a response from web api but we stuck on ...
We have hundreds PB7 apps that we're planning to migrate to PB 2019, however in the meantime, we'd like to get the PB7 IDE running on Windows 10. I find that the IDE installs, but I'm not able to build an executable.  Does anyone have experience wit...
Hi All, I am using power builder 2019 application, it works properly once deployed in local PC. If it is deployed in citrix server (windows 2016 server, windows 10 OS) some times it is working fine, but if windows security patch updates happen in ci...
Hi All, We recently made the switch to Powerbuilder 2019 R2 and started building in 64 bit.   On a select few windows 10 desktops the new EXEs will open up but quickly crash with no error. Essentially the opening window flashes and goes away. The ...
Hi everyone, I am having trouble executing the timer function.The system does nothing when I run the .EXE \ PBD on Windows 7 and 10 workstations.In my workstation that is Windows 10 it works in interpreted mode and from the .exe. I have tried to ru...
www.appeon.com seems to be down?...
I was looking for a event click butdoesn't work Any Ideas? Thanks  ...
Hi, when select a date from dropdown calendar of EditMask control, which event would be triggered, how to capture the selected value before it is set to EditMask control?  ...
When I try to deploy app using PowerClient, the file named cloudserverconfig is created and it contains password also. So is there a way to hide information from user by encryting that JSON file.   Location of file is : .\AppData\Local\Appeon\PBClou...
I have a need for users to access my Appeon PB2017r3 program via IWA Runner.  Several users only able to access my company's web browser via Citrix.  When a user opens my application via the /iwarunner.html switch, they are prompted to install the IW...
Hello. Is there any way to catch a stored procedure error when retrievign a datawindow?. I get the error 999 Select error: Requested result set number 1 not found, so I need to catch the return number that I specifed in the definition of the SP.  Ed...
Hi PB users, As PostgreSql support was announced for 2017R2, we study the possibility to implement a PostgreSql compatibility for our PB application which is connected to Oracle for now. We would like to keep Both Oracle and PostgreSql compatibilit...
Hi all, We receive a string ( copy and paste) into an MLE. From this mle string we need to filter out all the ascii values higher than 126. We have the solution , something like this string ls_a ls_a = mle_1.text for i = 1 to Len(ls_a)      ch...
Hello, Is it possible to automatically deploy an application as Powerclient (new PB 2019 R3 feature) using AutoCompiler (OrcaScript or PBC or something else)? It would be nice to integrate the deployment in a CI/CD pipeline. Thanks, René...
can i have 2 versions at the same time on my pc 2017 and 2019. using a single user and a single version at the same time ???...

There are no discussions available here currently