1. Teresa MacDonald
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 7 October 2020 19:59 PM UTC

I recently upgraded PowerBuilder 2019 build 2082 to PowerBuilder 2019 R2 build 2353. Since doing so my application crashes. Nothing else changed. It runs fine in PowerBuilder debug mode, so that hasn't helped me find the issue. The version built in 2082 works fine. 

I am thinking I am missing a support file but can't figure it out. Would there be any new DLLs or other files that are needed to be deployed using build 2353?

This issue is urgent. If I can't resolve asap, I will have to down grade back to build 2082. Is that easy to do?

Thank you,

Teresa MacDonald

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 7 October 2020 20:16 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Teresa;

Sounds like all the 2082 runtime DLLs may not have been replaced with their 2353 equivalents.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Teresa MacDonald
  2. Wednesday, 7 October 2020 22:01 PM UTC
HI Chris, That is the problem. I didn't realize they would all need to be replaced. What is the best way to know what DLLs to deploy with an application? Are they packaged anywhere or you just take them from the Shared Folder for the version of PB you are using?

Thank you.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 7 October 2020 22:54 PM UTC
Hi Teresa;

That is great news! You can ...

1) take all the DLL's from the Shared folder if you have the space. // OR

2) Use the PB Packager utility to create an MSI install for the runtime DLL's // OR

3) Use the PB Help to get a deployment list

(Search for keyword "runtime" and follow the link to the list of DLL's required).

HTH

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.