Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
What is the difference between: this.event close ()close (this) (written on an event eg: postretrive)   I notice that:- the first executes the event script, but does not close the window- the second runs the script and closes the window Because ...
I need to generate a random UUID for a invoice request using Rest/xml endpoint.  I will appreciate any help on how to create a function in PB that can generate a UUID. Thanks...
Not sure if it is even possible.   Have a data in the table:  'All additional information about our privacy, can be found at this location: https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/ask?category=1 Thank you.' store procedure returns this dat...
In PB 2017 R2, there is a datawindow with a date column.  It is using the PFC sort.  When the date column header is clicked, the rows sort as the string value of the date, not as the date value of the date.  Is there a way to make it sort as a date?...
I have a datawindow with Datetime column which uses  stored procedure to save data. when I change the date and tab out, and click on Save button the old data passes to the stored procedure and the new date doesn't save. I'm using the stored procedur...
Does anyone know if there is a tool that integrates with PowerBuilder that performs these actions:1. Dynamic and Context aware user help and step-by-step feature walk through with externally managed content 2. In-app messaging targeted to specific us...
Hi; I've been asked to modify an Infomaker report that contains sensitive info so that the user cannot save it. (Evil, I know.) Is it possible to disable the printing and "save rows as" options on reports?   Thank you! Keeley...
 Hi, I have a desktop application developed in PB 2017 R3. It is connecting to the database (Sybase ASE 12.5) using the global transaction object SQLCA. To connect to the db, we are setting the trans object as: SQLCA.Database = "MyDB"SQLCA.Servernam...
I generally will put up with IDE problems if i have to choose between IDE fixes and runtime fixes/enhancements.  I think we have all been conditioned to accept that from Sybase/SAP. Now that Appeon is working on enhancements to the IDE, I was thinki...
Hello,Currently we are using PowerBuilder 2017 in our company, and a Security Internal question came up regarding our application.Would it be possible to get a better understanding as to what applications generated by PB does with WMI, and if there i...
Hi All,Boolean operators AND, OR, and NOT have different precedence in DataWindow expressions than in PowerScript.Also, DataWindow expressions have SQL like operators that don't exist in PowerScript. I advise you always use parenthesis to avoid unde...
Hi, Appeon In my case I have several .exe in my app that are invoked like this: run(gs_way + "app1.exe App1 (" + g_name + "):" + gs_user + "," + gi_nivel)  //parametros For PowerClient: http://localhost/App1  ? how would the invocation be with run...
Hello everyone, i'm testing the new amazing features of PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Beta. In particular the promising PowerClient C/S. IMHO this is probably one of the best pb features in the past 20 years... THANK YOU! :)Reading other threads i guess some ...
In my PowerBuilder applications I order the datawindow with various parameters as in the following example ... dw_1.SetSort("param1 a, param2 a, param3 a") dw_1.Sort()   In SnapDevelop I see Sort Method, but I don't  know how to order multiples p...
Hi, It seems if the PowerServer web application did not exit out clean, it causes the database transaction locked the unfinished process and tables. Is there any setting we can do to prevent this issue? Thanks, Jon...
Hi all,   To your information I have tested and actively use the following tools from https://www.topwizprogramming.com/   1. PBSearch (Super fast source & object search and optional replace in PBL files) Worked immediately on R3 2. Bootstra...
Hi,   I received en invitation to the PowerClient webinar and of cause I will attend - I think it is AWESOME :-) But there was also the below info on another webcast: Part 3 Webcast - Visual Enhancements Time: Wednesday, October 28, 9:00 AM PDT...
Dear Support have method to export from datawindow crosstab to JSON, because I has been try direct export from crosstab datawindow can’t, do you have technic to handle crosstab Than You for your attention....
Currently support a PB 2019 R2 application that has OLE to Word (50+ templates with bookmarks)  and looking to eliminate the dependency on Word.exe     Is the new PB 2019 OEM text editor control a replacement solution for WORD templates w/bookmarks...
I'm trying out the Powerclient.   I need to setup an environment that checks the server for updates every time a user starts the application.   What is to prevent a user from pinning the resulting exe... then when they start it, it will just run the ...

There are no discussions available here currently