Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello! I have a question about powerbuilder web app. When I generate a web app I´ve got a url, can I pass parameters in the url?If I can do it, how do I get its values ​​in the PB application?...
Hi We are having problems printing an RTE with Powerbuilder 2017 R3. We are using build 1858. The issue is that when the we try to print to a local or network printer, the printer is not loading. Powerbuilder and the affected application are sitting ...
I'm wanting to create a simple C++ DLL in Visual Studio 2017 that contains entry points that are callable by PowerBuilder, but this has proven to be a bigger challenge than I anticipated. I've been able to create a C++ DLL project in VS, create a hea...
When I download the plugin to run my application, what can it be? How can I solve this problem? it just happens to me in a machine...
how can i include a google chart on my powerbuilder mobile project ?   thanks for attention ...
Is there a way to override the datawindow (background) color set by a theme? The theme color is white. I would like a specific user object inherited from the datawindow class to have a different color.   Thank you, Joe Hess...
PB 2017 R3 I have come across an issue recently with customers complaining that when they process documents to email the email will just randomly stop working.  Without going into all the detail my Email object is designed to create a mail session, ...
We just converted (Finally) a PB 12.1 application to PB 2019 R2 (build 2328). It works mostly but for one flaw in the compiled code - we store email templates via user settings in an RTE, in SQL server "text" columns. When we run the app within PB 2...
Hi, When i used older versions of powerbuilder i used pblpeeper for a couple of things, one was to find which pbl an object was saved in, the other was to find the modified date of the object, you could sort the list by modified date and see what yo...
Hi Team, We have met an issue about  using the Transaction connecting to Sybase database. It shows below error when connect failed: Error Code:-1Error Text:ct_connect(): user api layer: external error: The maximum number of connections have alread...
Is there a way using the Themes json file to dynamically set the box images for a protected datawindow column checkbox style control? Looks like it can be done for a Checkbox control by setting:          "disabled-state":             {             ...
Morning I hope you can help, I am trying to search / lookup records in a name field on a database. But i am having a problem with special letters  for example below - i want to be able to search 'Caus' and have the below show up ? so the special ch...
Using PB 2019, I'm trying to use OpenOffice through OLE to open an Excel doc and save it as CSV. (Yes, I can do that Excel, but this is for a situation where OpenOffice is available but Excel isn't.) I'm running into two problems: the SaveAsURL (or ...
Just noticed today the Appeon multi-browser plug-in is now working with Chromium Edge (85.0.564.51) - we're using Appeon powerserver 2017 with the mb plugin installer dated 10/27/2017....
Hi all   Does someone have a sample code using whatsup with pb ?   Thanks...
I am stuck trying to set up an Informix Connection in AEM and am failing with message: Unable to find an entry point named 'InterlockedIncrement' in DLL 'kernel32.dll' I receive this error on both my workstation and our test ser...
PB 2019 R2 Build 2353 OS with problems: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Service Pack 1 OS's that work fine: Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows Server 2012 Standard I recently upgraded an app from PB 12.5 to 2019 R2 and am seeing an issue with data...
Hi, Currently we are using web service data windows which is using http Protocol but now requirement has been changed and we need to use https Protocol instead of http. Any one Please Advise me how can I create web service data windows which is usi...
Hi, Would anyone know how to convert Unix Timestamp to DateTime in PowerBuilder?This needs to be done on an object without database connection. P.S. Appeon, it think it would be nice to have this functionality (Timestamp to DateTime and DateTime to...
Hello All I am getting the error 165001 when try to commit changes to the SVN server SVN log, SVN Diff are working with no problems only the SVN commit cause the error :   ---------- Source ControlSVN commitSVN client is finding files. Please wa...

There are no discussions available here currently