Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi guys / girls, I know I'm lots of times "bitter" towards Appeon, but that's simply because I'm an old powerbuilder developer who's gone through hell for lots of years with Powerbuilder and shitty support. I'd like to request you all to upvote thi...
Hello Everyone! I'm trying to generate a JSON with JsonGenerator and I think I am missing something.  I generate the Root and insert some fields without problem.  Then I need to create an array Item including some more fields, using additemArray ...
It is stated in the PowerServer Help that the usage of the tooltip feature is supported by Appeon. In case of a very long tooltip, it is possible to just break the line with e.g. CRTL+Enter. However, this only works with the desktop apllication. Aft...
I'm designing an invoice export feature that generates a PDF file for each selected invoice. The invoice form has a nested report to show the subtotal, sales tax, shipping charges, and invoice total along with a few other things. Although we are not ...
Hi  Recently i have migrated from PB 8 to PB 19 version.In my machine In both pb 19 and 8 versions arabic is not displayed in static text.But in client environment, In PB 8 it is displayed in arabic and in PB 19 it is showing some unusual text. I ha...
We are looking for the best techniques - and perhaps sample code which would allow users to import spreadsheet data into a datawindow. This would have to be somewhat dynamic in that the format of the spreadsheet could change from one spreadsheet to ...
Hi everybody, Several customers have asked me to implement the functionality that the system remembers (that is, stores) the user's credentials so that the user does not have to enter them at each login of the web application. I understand that this...
Hi, I would like to open a new tab with a URL from the browser where the application is launched. If the application is launched from Chrome, then it should open a new tab in same chrome browser instance. If the application is launched from IE, th...
Hello everyone, Im working on a PB2019 R2 app, and I use theme to get the style of my application. My question is: Can I use the theme without having the theme in the application folder? The same as we do with the images on the PBR file. Thanks....
Dear Team,   Could u give some advice about how to convert the datastore to .net, we have migrated our service from ESA to .net Web Service. Part of functions in service using the data store to get or set item. Another question is if the Web Serv...
Hi, im usingpb 12.5 and i am trying to get data from the web service but the method return value is null. I already searched all internet but i didnt find any reason.  I choosed "any" as return value it returned to null again. I downloaded the lat...
PowerServer (PB Edition) 2020 Build 2323.00PowerBuider 2019R2 Build 2353 Hello, i have two similar applications for web and mobile (Android) that consume a rest service using HTTPClient to create an event on google calendar using Google Calendar Api...
Hi, everybody. When launching mobile app in Google Play Console, I get the following error message that prevents the app from being published: My software scenario: - PowerBuilder Universal Edition 2019 Build 2170 - PS ToolKit 2019 Build 2170 ...
Hi, I have built a Web service that allows users to send emails from the host server. The service works fine, but it is not sending the attachments. Has anyone had a similar problem and identified the cause of and the solution to this issue? How sho...
I saw an email on the old PowerGroups that said:   "Really sad that Appeon is EOLing Mobile development."Is this correct or just a bad rumor?    If it's nonsense I want to gently correct them.    If it's real I'd like to know for sure.Thanks,Olan...
Hello, I want to call powerbuilder code from Java and all my research lead to PBNI features. Unfortunatly, it's not so simple to build JNA or JNI mapping to call the PBVM.dll. It's look like an example (java2pb2) existed in the old codeexchange at...
Hello All, I have a "helloworld" app that is saving a DW to a PDF file using PDFlib. It is compiled in 32-bit (for a variety of reasons that can't be changed). It works fine on my Windows 10 laptop and VDI, but fails on Citrix running on 2012R2.  T...
Hi,   I am using DW dropdown calendar property and setting this property at runtime, i'm using u_dw object, there i'm using existing method called setdropdowncalendar existing method and disabled this methods extended ancestor script, and added my ...
Good Morning! We recently upgraded to PB 2019 and had some complaints from our users in the Citrix environment where their default printer was not being set correctly.  At the time we tried to implement a suggestion found here by adding an option th...
Hi, I'd like to apply a theme, but only on tab-page labels. It works well, but something goes wrong when resizing.I'm using the PFC routines for the resize. The Json file contains drawing false for every control, except the "tab". See 2 attached i...

There are no discussions available here currently