Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi All, We have 2 Power builder applications running on PB 2017R3 1858. These 2 apps can communicate each other, that means Application A can launch Application B and vice versa. In Windows 7 computers these 2 application calls are working fine and...
I work with a PowerScript application composed of many thousands of windows. Some of these windows are accessible from menu buttons. Others are linked from window themselves in various ways, usually via buttons or clicking fields. I'd like to determ...
Hello Everyone,    I am hoping this is an easy one for the group.  We have a newly installed Infomaker 2019 implementation and we have just started testing.  Right out of the gate, we can't click on the Data Source button and have it do anything.  I...
Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot a crash in our Application since our recent migration to PB 2019 (build 2082). Seem like it is taking place in the same area of the program and can be reproduced on the development machine. From windows event log i...
I need to incorporate Two Factor Authentication (2FA) into my PowerBuilder 2019 R2 application and I used for this twofactorauth.pbl created by Bruce Armstrong that I found in Appeon community.  The objects from this PBL works fine in C/S version of...
Dear Experts, I am facing a weird problem in drop down list box values in Powerbuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880. Our application gets the list of printers installed in a machine and lists it in a dropdown list box. A variable is used to collect data val...
In PB 2017 R2, can a Main! window be modal, ie, focus can not go to another window or menu when open....
HI, I have this code li_file = GetFileOpenName("Buscar XLS",ls_path,ls_file,ls_ext,ls_filter)if li_file = 1 then  st_3.text=ls_pathelse  st_3.text=""end if before update the static text show text complete "C:\Users\name last\Documents\LPC\LpcSol\...
Our Powerbuilder application executes a stored procedure in Sybase and has been running without problems for a few years.  About a month ago the stored procedure began stopping without finishing and did not report any error to the calling application...
Using PB 2017 R3 with Sybase 16 Database: Connecting to the databases works fine thru the Database administrator but when trying to run my .pbl I am unable to connect. Using the function "of_connect" in the object pfc_n_tr of the pfcmain.pbl returns ...
Hi; Looking on how to fill in a value under the Welcome > Server > Sessions > Active Sessions; the value is User Name. All the other values there, Session ID, IP Address, Application Name, etc have been automatically filled in. How does, o...
Is it possible to have the menu item image sourced from an exe or dll contained one or more icons? Some features of Windows show an icon from a registry setting that has the full exe filename followed by a comma and then a number which is the icon i...
Hi all ,    I am consuming api ws with httpclient .POST : url + xml string formatted . I build the xml string my self ( not dw export ) The problem is when i want to use the character & in the string the ws return an error : Illegal xml . Th...
Hi All I would like to ask a question that somewhat relates to this one -> https://bit.ly/3j3rrFT When I issue the command ConnectToNewObject('Outlook.Application'), Powerbuilder returns -3 => Object could not be created. Later I found out t...
Hello Everyone..  Need HELP! I am having issues updating new columns added to a dw inherited from u_dw..   I get update failed, invalid column.. Yet I added the column using the designer itself..  tried many things including changing column name m...
Hi, We recently started supporting SQL Server 2016 and SQL Native Client 11.0 in our application, but we are running into some issues with DateTime and Time fields. In the DB we have several Datetime columns, but since we added the compliance with ...
Hello, I have a mousemove script that changes the colour of the column header on a grid datawindow to indicate that the column header is clickable for sorting. The column header is a text control. I now want to use the theme feature, so in order to ...
Hi,   Where do I find documentation for how to register the TX control in 64 bit My guess is to run something like this: ..\Windows\system32\regsvr32 ..\Runtime 19.2.0.2556\x64\tx4ole28.ocx   Anyone tried it ?   Thanks //Steen      ...
Hi   When deploying a 64bit PB application do I need all of the runtime files and folder or only the x64 folder? Thanks //Steen  ...
Our application is PB 2019 GA (Build 2082). Having recently upgraded from 12.5, we are still using Ghostscript and starting to move to NativePDF. We are trying SaveNativePDFToBlob on a really complex report with 29 nested reports. SaveNativePDFToB...

There are no discussions available here currently