1. Jeff Nesler
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Sunday, 11 October 2020 04:03 AM UTC

PB 2019 R2 Build 2353

OS with problems: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Service Pack 1

OS's that work fine: Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows Server 2012 Standard

I recently upgraded an app from PB 12.5 to 2019 R2 and am seeing an issue with datawindow button pictures not displaying when deployed to a Win 2008 server. We have a datawindow that has 4 VCR type buttons on it for navigating to the first, last, next and previous rows. Action properties are set to PageNext(4), PagePrior(5), PageFirst(6) and PageLast(7) and the Action Default Picture checkbox is checked (screenshot attached).

When I run the app from the PB 2019 IDE or from compiled code on my Windows 10 Enterprise development machine, pictures show as normal. When I deploy the app to a machine with Windows Server 2012 Standard OS with 2019 runtimes, pictures are showing as normal. But when I take the same folder with the same runtime files and copy it to a machine with Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1, none of the pictures appear on the buttons (screenshots of these scenarios are attached). The buttons still work but the pictures are just not displaying. The same app built in PB 12.5 works on all those operating systems.

Any ideas on what the issue might be?  Do I need to deploy something else for the pictures to show on a Win 2008 server?

Thanks,
Jeff

Attachments (3)
Accepted Answer
Olan Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 12 October 2020 23:18 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

If all else fails, or simply as a temporary workaround, replace the images with text:
   <
   <<
   >
   >>>

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 15 October 2020 15:24 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Jeff;

FWIW: W2008 is no longer a supported O/S by Microsoft as of January 2020. Also, Appeon dropped support for W2008 in PB 2019 R2 as well.

FYI: https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r2/release_bulletin_for_pb/ch01.html

So my strong suggestion would be to move off of that deprecated O/S ASAP.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 15 October 2020 03:00 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Greetings, Jeff -

The Webdings font contains symbols that more closely approximate the look of "VCR" buttons. This is a standard Windows font.

"3" = 3
"4" = 4
"7" = 7
"8" = 8
"9" = 9
":" = :

You'll probably have to increase the font size to obtain a decent "image".

Regards, John

Comment
  1. Jeff Nesler
  2. Tuesday, 20 October 2020 14:59 PM UTC
Thanks John for the alternative, these do show up better than just bolded text.
  1. Helpful
Jeff Nesler Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 13 October 2020 13:59 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Good idea, I didn't even think of that.  I added the text, that should work until I can figure out why the images aren't displaying.  Thanks Olan.

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.