Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
  I am trying to make a function to read data from a device (barcode scanner). By design a barcode scanner works like a keyboard to input data (key by key). It is not convenient for a store. I want to read data direct from the device as a whole te...
I'm trying to run the below  orcascript from jenkins. I saved the file as orcascrip.cmd and calling in the Jenkins job under Build section. In the Jenkins console output  I see that the job is stuck at first line #Start session and it does not go to ...
Hello everyone i've successfully migrated to PB 2019 R3. Im trying to rebuild also my snapdevelop webapi project. The rebuild finished without errors but with some warnings that i show here: 1>------ Rebuild started: Project: StartWebApi2.csproj...
Hello everyone. I am following this excellent article by Bruce - https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articles-blogs/tutorials-articles/2-powerbuilder/183-powerbuilder-2017-r2-new-feature-git-source-control-support How do I find differences betwe...
PowerBuilder 2019 R3 2703 Playing around with the PowerClient feature, I get this issue on deployment ...\Temp\pbappscache\html\en because the local folder does not exist. The folder does not exist, but it is supposed to be generated and it's not c...
I just gave a demo of SnapDevelop to management and they liked it. They do have questions. What version of .Net Core? I see for SD 2019 it says .Net Core 3.1, what about SD 2021? Does the PowerScript converter handle structure objects or structures...
Hi, Good morning. Is there a way to create a Datawindow with this statement. It really doesn't care if it's embebbed or not. DB: Sql Server IDE: PB 2019 R3   I'm doing this because the crosstab which do this, doesn't work and I'm looking for way...
We are looking at the possibility of using SnapDevelop & .Net DataStore to move PowerBuilder reports into an existing C# web application. Does .Net DataStore have to ability to generate a PDF from a report type DataWindow or is it only for non-v...
When using the 2019 runtime packager 2019 R3, the DLLs are not named with versioning but they are when referring to the documentation or if downloading the zip file from the Appeon site.  An example is easysoap.dll from the packager and in the zip fi...
I searched and saw that someone asked back in 2018 but had no replies.  I've used Jenkins once at a prior client, but my current client is using TeamCity for deployments and continuous integration, but not for PowerBuilder as of yet.  Wondering if an...
Hi!I'm trying switch one of our projects from native Source Control to GIT. I'm using PB2019 R3 Build 2703 and SourceTree as an external Git client. The thing is I'm having issues with the PBL files every time I try to merge branches, mostly when th...
Hi, Need to know about PowerServer clustered environment. We need to have an idea about how clustered session will work. If we have 2 webservers and 2 app servers, do we need cookie stickiness or PowerServer uses URL rewrite for preserving session...
I recently install PB2019R3 on my partners machine and the default of C:\ProgramData\Appeon\InstallFiles was incorrect for that machine. Our drives are setup so that Windows is on D: (along with all of it's associated directories). Having the install...
Hi, Is there any other way  we can still purchase additional license key for Powerbuilder 12.1? As we are running legacy application and no plan yet to migrate to the latest Powerbuilder. Regards, Mayller...
Hi Team, Version/release/build - Appeon PowerBuilder 2019: Version 2019 build 2170 Database - Oracle 12c Few months back we migrated from PowerBuilder 12.5 to Appeon 2019 Version 2019 build 2170. Looks below existing functionality not working as b...
PB 2017R2, I have a DW where all columns are protected based on data values for a given row.  If this occurs, the row cannot be selected.  If columns are not protected, then the row can be selected.  I need to be able to select any row. Is there a b...
Hi,I want to connect my powerbuilder application to PostGres, Is there any native PostGres driver or should I connect via ODBC/JDBC driver?Right now, I could connect the database painter using ODBC driver. Regards....
Good morning, I got a problem with some of my crosstabs datawindows, when i do a retrieve my crosstab starts blinking and after that the application automatically close. If somebody can help me with this issue.    Do you know what is happening ? ...
Hi, Greetings! We deployed our apps using PowerServer 2021 Beta. Just need to know if the client downloaded app directly hits the Server API's or is it like the client requests the IIS web server and web server forwards the request to API Server. ...
Hi team, We have migrated our code from PB11.5 to PB2019. During our initial testing we found our application is getting crashed. After looking more into it, we found Stored procedure Execute command from PB is making the application to crash. We ...

There are no discussions available here currently