Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have an application that I upgraded from Powerbuilder 8.0 to 2019 R3. We also upgraded from Sql Server 2008 to Sql Server 2019. I have noticed that when a datawindow has a db column with a checkbox style top and the column is type Bit, the value d...
使用英文的应用名称可以,用中文就报错,是什么原因?...
Hello, Is there any way to paste images in this community forum ?  I know there is an (image) attachment provision.  But would like to know how to paste an (in-line) image in this forum ?   Using Insert -> Image option above needs the image to b...
Hi, Is there something in PowerScript equivalent to String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace in C# (String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(String) Method (System) | Microsoft Docs). I think it would be nice to have something like that as at the moment I have to use multiple "...
PB 2017R2, using Query Mode for retrieval.  I need to change a where clause to use "like" instead of "=". Code from retrieval event: ls_sql = this.GetSQLSelect() if pos(ls_sql, "S%") > 0 then   ls_sql = Replace(ls_sql, pos(ls_sql, "mtk_nb_docume...
PB 2019 R3 I doubt there is a way but I thought I would ask.  When a DataWindow goes into Preview mode I want it to be in the center of the DW control (like Word does).  I don't like how it stays to the left of the DW and then leaves the grey space ...
Hi guys, We tried the new Powerclient feature and we solved many issues but one is still a big "no go" for the moment. Since many years, we use text file with a proprietary extension to open our software and pass parameters. Bascially, the extensi...
SnapDevelop 2019-R3   I am doing the 'Create a Web API' tutorial. I did the step 'Add a Service' which adds a "Service (.NET Datastore)" called DepartmentService. In DepartmentService.cs there are two errors indicated in the generated code.   Li...
Hello everyone,I was trying to improve the look and feel of my application and I used the new themes. Specifically, I used Applytheme ("Flat Design Dark"). Everything works in clilent / server environment, but in Appeon it doesn't work. Any suggestio...
Hi, We are long term users of Infomaker and are preparing to make the jump from 12.6 to 2019 Build 2170.  We have always run under Citrix without any problem but now have a issue with user logins.  With the current version we specify a different ser...
Hello, I'm trying to create a database connection in SnapDevelop 2019 R3 (I tried in R2 also) to an Oracle database, but I get the error "ORA-12537: Network Session: End of file". It's strange because I can connect to this database in Powerbuilder w...
Hi, We have to show a webpage in our application that requires basic authentication. How can I specify the basic authentication information for the request headers in the new WebBrowser control? Regards, René...
I came across a post from Rene about the AutoCompiler only supporting images being included in the EXE and not in a PBD.  Is that still the case today? I want to start creating a resource PBD instead of including them in the EXE but we now only use t...
Hello,  PB 2019 R3 2703 1.  in any datawindow painter,  Select Insert -> Control -> Table Blob 2.  A response window opens, which we couldn't resize it.  It makes tough to select (long) table name ?  Is there any way to resize it ? The sam...
Hi all, I'm considering to use the PowerClient. But I have some questions for you guys :-)   My PB 2019 R3 application is 64bit and currently installed using Inno setup.   Q1:  I have a few ActiveX components.  Can the PowerClient install them? ...
Trying to print 4.25 X 5.5 inventory labels on Canon TR8520.  Using Windows print dialog.  Printer works OK when making one copy but loses its mind when I try to print 2 copies.  Seems to work OK from other apps though.  Anybody else having problems?...
We seem to be having a problem with Git source control in PB 2019 R3. In the PB IDE I have successfully added the workspace to Git and pushed the initial load up to the repository on the server without problem. However when I log in to GitLab and ch...
Hi, We have our PowerBuilder application being developed/maintained using PB2017R3. Many of our clients asking questions like "Is your product cloud deployable?" The product is based on Client Server architecture with 50% of business functionality...
Good day. This is the code in my function: int num, ret, ilong pidString ls_query, ls_nameAny process ls_query = 'select * from Win32_Process where name = "appname.exe"' locator = CREATE OleObject ret = locator.ConnectToNewObject("WbemScripting.SW...
hello friends ! i want to share with you , how to measure service response time or any time duration in seconds with miliseconds using Oracle . PB CODE: RESTClient clientclient = create RESTClientclient.SetRequestHeader ("Content-Type", "applicati...

There are no discussions available here currently