Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I am building a report in infomaker. I am using the DropDownDW edit mask on a few of the data fields and have built the separate data objects that will be used for these dropdowns. The issue is that I want to be able to pass the same argument used fo...
PB2019R3, b2703Windows 10 64 bit platformWe have a utility that performs an IMPORTFILE. If the file is too large, THEN it opens the source file and does a FileReadEx of the data line by line into the DW.These source files are LARGE, and this process ...
Hello, I logged a bug today but not yet resolved.  I've been using PB 2017 R3 for a couple of years and today I'm working along and when I closed a datawindow, PB hung up.  I had to kill with the task manager.  Now I cant get it to open.  I logged o...
PB2019R3, b2703Windows 10, 64 bit platformIn PBv12.1, if you UN-check the PBLs on the Libraries tabpage of the Project file, all the code compiles into a single EXE. This is not working in PB2019R3 b2703. Can it be made to work? I.e. am I doing somet...
Hello, I can successfully issue an AppeonIWAShell.exe command such as: "AppeonIWAShell.exe" -r -u "https://accTesting.agy123/awmx/" and works great but I notice it creates a log folder and log file.  Is there a way to shut off the logging? perhaps...
Hi guys, We are moving our code to a Git Repository and we are facing and issue with directories.  As per my tests everything works fine if PB workspace is on the root directory for the repository (ws folder is also created and managed from there)....
Hi guru I upgraded powerbuilder 7.0 to 2019 R3 . is need  to upgrade my 7.0 PSR , if need to upgrade. is need to infomake to upgrade or other method   please advise   William    ...
I'm trying to display in a datawindow a column that is over 32,767 characters, it's 36,220 characters.  I tried to increase the limit in the edit table to 50,000 and also setting to 0.  Every retrieve on displayed 32,767.     I check the length of t...
Hi, We used to use TFS as source control and PowerGen to build project. We plan to move the code to Azure Devops with Git repository. I wrote ORCA script to build the project. After I merge code from one branch to another, the PBL file is not merged...
如果用 安卓9 版本 使用appeon file server 可以上传文件, 但如果是使用 安卓11版本的,上传就失败,文件传不上去,显示文件 0 k大小, powerserver 版本也升级到了 2703  ?   有没好的办法 在 手机端 上传文件到服务器?...
Hi PowerBuilder community, Currently, all PowerBuilder runtime DLL files have been signed, which is great. Part of the PowerBuilder runtime (for PowerBuilder 2019 R3) is pbdwr.pbd.That file isn't signed as far as I can tell. Perhaps it cannot be si...
I'm using PB2019. I have a window with a radio button on it (not on a DataWindow). When it gets focussed, a weird dotted border appears above and below it. See the attachment. Does anyone know what causes that, and is there a way to eliminate it? Lo...
I saw this question online and I have the same question. Does anyone have an answer?   " I have read the documentation regarding the use of this function but I have one further question. The Description for this function states: Sets the num...
Hi All, I'm thinking of buying some 3rd party controls for calendaring (WAG, MAG, etc.) & document processing. Should I get the Activex versions of these controls (32 or 64?) or can I somehow use another type like Winforms? Seems like I heard ab...
We have a fairly large PowerBuilder application that is used to run our business. We are working on a 2 way messaging module and there are lots of messages. In our database (SQL Server), the message id number (used to uniquely identify the record) ...
Using Powerbuilder 2019 R2 and looking for some help with building an application that uses imported .Net Dll's.  We have installed the standalone compiler on a Jenkins server and have been successfully building applications there for the past few mo...
Hi Folks, We have a parent menu object with menu items and toolbar items. There are other menu objects which are inherited from the parent menu and being used across the application. As per recent business change we want to hide/unhide a menu item ...
Hi, I'm using Powerbuilder 2019 R2 and import a .NET Framework DLL 4.6 (Created Custom), encapsulate the dotnetassembly in the dotnet object as recommended.   When I run the program on the server side, i'm getting this error (Locally, i don't have...
Hi Folks, Couple of days ago I posted a question regarding Native PDF usage and the response was overwhelming.  https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/native-pdf-using-pb-ini-in-pb-2019 I am trying to implement Native PDF using Native PDF ...
I'm attempting to use the LoadXml() method of an MSXML Dom Document in an azure environment and it simply isn't working. When running on non-azure environments it works fine.There is no dev environment for our azure server yet so I can't view the err...

There are no discussions available here currently