Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I've used an Inet variable to be able to use the HyperlinkToURL() function.I thought it would be a good idea to use the CoderObject to UrlEncode() the url that I'm passing in. My URL's can point to anything like "file://..." or "http(s)//...".T...
Hi, Has anyone successfully used Oracle 21c with PB2019 R3? regards...
I have a universal datawindow userobject... u_dw. Inherited a new object u_dw_attachments Added a user function of_setworkorder( al_workorder ) In script, when I try to call that function, I get a compiler error. Here's my script: idw_attachments...
We have powerbuilder application initially create din PB 9.0 , later migrated in PB 2017 R3 .The application used MQ client , which is upgraded in 9.1 . In order to create secure MQ connection we need to upgrade the cipher. Currently no cipher use di...
Hi Team, We currently connect to SAPGUI 7.5 with saplogon.ini file. We need assistance in connection Powerbuilder to SAPGUI 7.6 with xml file.Thanks....
  We are using a find function to find the row number of a particular record. Initially it was used with the first two columns which are string data type, now on an enhancement we need to add two more new datatime columns in the find, but after addi...
I'm using the TX Text Control ActiveX 28.0 in PowerBuilder 2019 R3 to edit rich text and convert it to HTML for sending in an email. It seems the only way to convert the data to HTML is to call SaveDocument with a file type of FileTypeHTML! and then...
Hi, I've come across a problem when using the Paste command. The Paste actually works fine, but the return code is -1. To recreate: Sample window, RichText control, CB with paste function to the RT control. Copy an image from Snipping Tool. Pas...
[A DB2 database contains the tables and is running on an AS400 minicomputer. The application ODBC connects to a local network Adaptive Server Anywhere database. The ASA database ODBC connects to the DB2 over the company network. The ASA configuration...
Hello, PB 2019 R3 with theme Got 60 entry screens and around 100 report datawindow(s) in one project.   Need to show white background in all report datawindows.  The report is shown on a tab page of a window.   Need to set white background for tab...
In PB2019 R3 the ability was added to switch between runtimes.   The runtime that was originally implemented in was MR2670, but now that 2703 runtime is out, how can I have someone newly installing PB2019 R3 download the 2670 Runtime as they can on...
App is deployed using POWERCLIENT , but some times desktop icon disappears. App is running fine with IP Address. So is there a way for creating desktop icon automatically?...
Hi,     I am using PB 2019 R3 build 2703 in Windows 10 OS. In our application we have stored the resource images and base pbl pbr file in our a network drive. If I run the PowerBuilder as an Administrator and tried to map the file when deploy the e...
Hai, I can't see my PowerServer object in Project Tab. (New - Project ). Seeing PowerClient only. Any reason?...
I am using PB10.2.0 and I want to make some row(s) invisible in a datawindow. I have made all the columns invisible and set height of columns to zero; selected autosize for height of detail band and all columns; Set slide up all above for all columns...
We upgraded from PB 12.5 to PB 19 and we have had some clients report issues in their TS environment with Server 2016 and SQL Server 2019.  Clients running through Citrix or on-premise aren't reporting any issues.   Does anyone know if there are comp...
I just installed the latest version of PB.  It installed without error.  However, I'm using WampServer with MySQL and WampServer will not start (Apache hangs).  The error message is: Port 80 is used by Microsoft - HTTPAPI/2.0. Is there a fix or work...
PB-2017 32bit. I have a complex reporting process that creates a Postscript file that is converting to PDF using Distill method. Is there a way to convert this Postscript file to PDF using the NativePDF approach? If Yes, please provide brief descri...
Is there a way when the session timeout occurs and the Restart link page appears in the browser when you click it to make it recall the "commandparm" used in the expired sessions URL? e.g. https://mysite.com/myapp/?debugWhen I click Restart, it load...
Good Morning! We have a PB .Net Webservice and it worked fine with 2019R2.  We've upgraded to PB 20219R3 Build 2703 for 2 days and there have been emails about SQL Native not installed sent to us at night and these emails were sent at the top hour ...

There are no discussions available here currently