Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi Team, When I used the pb2022 runtime msi (MSM) file my, application was not running. But when I run the PowerBuilder runtime.exe the application is running. When I checked both are installed on different locations. I need to add the PowerBuilder ...
We're looking to upgrade our application from PB2022 (R1) to PB2022R3. The application is 32-bit pcode distributed using PowerClient. We have the problem that: The app's db connection uses ADO.NET, which for PB2022R3 appears to have a prerequisit...
We are trying to implement the OAuth flow in PowerBuilder windows application using Azure AD. When the access token is requested using the "OAuthClient" and "TokenRequest" object with the grant_type as "Autherization_code" then we are always getting...
I'm working on migrating our application to PB2022 from PB2017 R3 and found that our print settings dialog no longer sets the printer for our application. I double checked the registry location we are using for it (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsof...
At the university that I work at, I have an issue with using CutePDF writer inside of Infomaker. I wanted to confirm that CutePDF writer is among the listed combability PDF writers that can be used inside of Infomaker. ...
Getting below messageORA-00942: Table or view does not exist.Do you want to correct errors?...
I have a 8 NUP datawindow which returns hundreds of rows The way the data represents onscreen is 8 results per row and the datawindow is sized so that 3 rows per screen is shown. I have a VCR like button to navigate between the 'pages' and this tex...
I was doing some changes in one of our applications and I decided to turn on the title of a dw so it looks cool. Actually it did looks supper cool. I compile the application without testing the editing functionality of the columns. I push the applica...
I need to test whether the value in a variable of type "any" is an array or not. What I have found out is that UpperBound(vbl) returns -1 if it's not an array. That's at least arguably consistent with the documentation, which says (of the 2nd argum...
I am using Powerbuilder 2022 R1 and was wondering if there was a way to mouse hover over a field and it would display a datawindow? Thanks. Carla...
Hello,Can I compile with PbAutoBuild220 on the same machine that has Powerbuilder 2022 installed?...
We are running into an issue with certain elements of IIS not persisting within a site (powerserver project). In order for our project to run, we have determined that Anonymous Authentication must bet set to enabled. This is located under PowerServe...
Hello, I need to create a spell checker. I would like to know if there is any component in PowerBuilder 2019 or a higher version. If it does not exist, is there any planning for development? Thanks....
Good day... We are trying to connect (Send and Receive STRING from an ADABAS Database using CICS Script) through IBM MQServer We are using REST PowerBuilder functionality but are having an issue with CharacterSet and/or HEX Encryption... Anyone wit...
PB 2022 R3 I have a non-visual app that receives messages over Winsock and then processes the data and stores it in a database. I first create an eight occurrence array of sharedobjects. I have an instance object (named Callback) that tracks whethe...
Problem description:When using the RegisterObject command according to the sample example from Help, it reportsRegisterObject function reports error -5 - DotNetObject is not instantiated.However, from the sample in the attachment, it is clear that th...
I migrated from PowerBuilder 2019 to 2022.What is the reason why the LenA function is applied or not?If the part where the LenA function is applied is executed successfully twice, then it does not work.If I quit PowerBuilder and run it again, it work...
Hello, I have a strange problem: I can't uncheck projects at the deploy tab of the target Powerbuilder 2022 R3 Build 3289 What I do: Right click on the target for opening the properties. I see all the projects in the target at the deploy tab. I...
I'm currently using Powerbuilder Version 2022 Build 1878 64-bit and the AcroExchApp/AcroExchPDDOC. I can open the XFA pdf files and *read* the values, but I can not change the value in the JS Object. I'd like to figure out how or find another way to...
Hi I'm trying to work out how Powerbuilder 2021 works with Git. I need to understand how 2 developers can change 2 different objects in the same pbl, and commit them without conflict.   The documentation says:  Upload PBL Starting fr...

There are no discussions available here currently