Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
I'm wondering whether any of the PB experts here have ever considered trying to do a product that does what DW2XLS does, but better? I expect you’re familiar with it, but in case you aren’t, it’s at http://desta.com.ua/dw2xls/ - it exports DWs to nic...
I'm thinking about the possibility of calling PB code from a website hosted in IIS. Is it possible to use the AJAX method to call PB code? AJAX is based on a browser function that works similar to the PB function GetURL. Javascript code passes ...
Our program has DataWindows with DateTime fields and we allow the user to Query for information with QueryMode; one button turns QM on and another button causes it to Retrieve with the information the user put in. Our datetime fields have the foll...
Hi all, We are in the process of upgrading from Office 2007 to Office 2016. One of our PowerBuilder 10 applications uses the following call: i_l_wordchannel = OpenChannel("WinWord","System",l_window_handle) This worked fine with Office 20...
Environment: PowerBuilder Version 10.2.0 Build 7516 Sql Anywhere 12  DataBase Error Code 999 Database error message: Select Error: An invalid handle was passed in a call to the database driver This error occurs sporadically when retrie...
At the moment we have a problem with our Powerbuilder 12.5 application and Skype for business. (outlook and office 365). The application freezes we want to mail or print a document. This is a pdf document generated via a pdf print queue and a separat...
Hi All, I am new to creating PB Web Services so forgive the question. I have created a .NET Web Service in PB Classic.  The intention is that it will retrieve the filepath for an image from a DB, resize and save it into a folder structure.  I a...
Last June Appeon support informed us that HTTPS is not supported with the Appeon Fileservice in any browser in Windows 10.  In fact they indicated HTTPS does not work with the fileservice on other Windows platforms (which we never found to be the cas...
We have a client, who would like to enter information onto  a pdf.  Where they have certain fields that would be entered, and saved to a file.    They want it to look like the pdf that was created.  They don't actually want to save the data to t...
Hi, why did you change the product names ? In the past we had Appeon Universal; Workgroup Edition (including Web and Mobile) Is this now "PowerServer Universal"? Any further changes except the names?   TIA Heino ...

There are no discussions available here currently