Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hello, I'm using ".NET DLL Importer" and I have a problem when I'm trying to load DLL file of class Library. PowerBuilder version is 2022 R2 build 2819   ...
PB 2022 Build 1892. Probably moving to R3 in a couple months. I haven't tried the new PDFBuilder object. I'm wondering if it is possible to use it to populate PDF form fields. My hope is that I can download the W-2 PDF from the IRS, loop through r...
PB2022 R2 2828 - Oracle 19c 64 bit. After moving our PB app across to 64 bit when our app tries to connect to db get the following message: DBMS OLE DB is not supported in your current installation 32- Bit version runs fine....
To reproduce: Open any object painter Add new function Type "throw" into Function name field tab out/click anywhere PB closes immediately without any warning Happens in 2019R3, can't check other versions. The same thing happens with "throws...
Hi, I am facing issue with self-contained .net DLL. in the documents it is mentioned that using self contained DLLs will not require .net runtime to be installed on the target system, but when i am running the application, it is expecting the runtim...
While running PowerBuilder through code i.e right click on Run button then getting below issue. Can you please help me to resolve this . PB version : Version 2019 R3 ...
I'm migrating to PowerBuilder 2022.This is a phrase I used previously. blob ab_data FileOpen(as_filename,StreamMode!,Write!,LockWrite!,Replace!,EncodingANSI!) ls_body = 'aaaa' ab_data = blob(ls_body,EncodingANSI!) IF FileWriteEX(li_FileNum, ab_d...
Hello, I have a custom menu item in the PowerBar, my item command runs an  EXE (with parameters). The exe application run correctly via RUN, but when I try to run it from menu item the PB IDE crashes. Event log details: Faulting application name:...
Hi All, I have been trying to replace unsupported feature Rows to Disk for the reports in our code base. Each of these reports have numerous nested reports, with each report having a SP as a datasource. What I could think of is to check the number ...
Hola   Hola, estamos experimentando un error con la opción PWDialog=1 del DBParm con ASE 16. La aplicación Powerbuilder se desarrolló en la versión 12.5 y allí el cambio de contraseña funcionó correctamente cuando expiró. Al migrar la aplicación a ...
PB 2022 Build 1892 We changed the application object setting to force use of NativePDF across the entire app. Now we are having trouble with a very large report with lots of images on every page. Is it possible to override this setting for a partic...
I am trying to assign values to transaction properties as below transaction l_tmp l_tmp = CREATE transaction l_tmp.DBParm = arg_trans.DBParm l_tmp.SQLErrText= arg_trans.SQLErrText l_tmp.SQLDBCode= arg_trans.SQLDBCode   I observe that l_tmp.SQL...
Hi Guys, PB Version 2019 R3 build 2703.   Some days ago some of our users have started having issues with ConnectToNewObject( "Word.Application" ) command. It returns -3 that means "Object could not be created". This happens on both, MOffice 2019 a...
I have a question in general, where are Appeon servers located where data and user account info is stored.  If in US which zone and city and if outside where? Our company's cyber security department requires that every vendor we use provide us with ...
PowerBuilder 2022-R3 I created a text control with font Tahoma 72, Color Red, Transparency 66, Escapement 450. This is what I get when doing a SaveAs (NativePDF). Is there a way to have it not be cross-hatched? It isn't like that in the DataWindow. ...
I like to log the begin and the end of an SQL statement because i like to measure the time the SELECT needed. In datawindows i have the retrievestart and retrieveend events where i can exactly do what i wish to do. In embedded SQL i use SQLCA which...
Hi Team, When I used the pb2022 runtime msi (MSM) file my, application was not running. But when I run the PowerBuilder runtime.exe the application is running. When I checked both are installed on different locations. I need to add the PowerBuilder ...
We're looking to upgrade our application from PB2022 (R1) to PB2022R3. The application is 32-bit pcode distributed using PowerClient. We have the problem that: The app's db connection uses ADO.NET, which for PB2022R3 appears to have a prerequisit...
We are trying to implement the OAuth flow in PowerBuilder windows application using Azure AD. When the access token is requested using the "OAuthClient" and "TokenRequest" object with the grant_type as "Autherization_code" then we are always getting...
I'm working on migrating our application to PB2022 from PB2017 R3 and found that our print settings dialog no longer sets the printer for our application. I double checked the registry location we are using for it (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsof...

There are no discussions available here currently