Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Greetings All, how do i create an API end Point which will return the following output. I have the database already storing the below data.   {    "membershipNumber" : "1234567",    "phoneNumber" : "265997655406",    "emailAddress" : "henry.sauzan...
So due to the use of a multitude of cursors and temporary tables that are part of the Oracle database environment that we are working into the PowerServer environment, we stumbled across the ability to use the long_connection option as part of the db...
Using PowerBuilder/PowerServer 2022 Build 1900 We are having a issue with dataobjects returning a -1 on retrieval. This is a new PS project for an existing (very large) app. Still trying to get past  pfc_logon. I can add the same select as inline SQ...
Appson,Is there any plan to directly support SQLite? NOT ODBC...
I'm using the WebBrowser control to allow a user to edit a PDF and then I need to perform an export of the data fields in order to save to the database   I've put code in all the events and then I save as the file and nothing fires execept navigati...
Hi Chris Pollach Going to be building a new app in my semi-retirement. Thought I would step away from PFC and try your STD Framework. Is there some reading material you can point me to, maybe a "you did this in PFC, you do that in STD framework" doc...
Hi all. OK, now I'm semi-retired I would like to start designing and building the mobile application I have been promising myself I would start as soon as I had some time.  Some newbie questions to start with: 1. Can I build it with PowerBuilder? ...
Hello, I have a problem with the PrintAsPDF function of the WebBrowser object in version 2022. I am passing it a url where a PDF is hosted and then making the PrintAsPDF and saving it in a local directory, but as long as the format of the hosted file...
Greetings, As more and more developers experience issues converting their OLE code from MS Word 2019 to Office 365, are there any refactoring constants or hints that we can look out for? Specifically, I am unable to save changes made to the MS Word...
In Powerbuilder 11.5 we used to have a MSI file PBCLTRT115.msi that installed the sybase runtime files. Is there a similar MSI file that will install run time files for Powerbuilder 2019 R2?...
PB 2017 R3 Hey everyone! I've never tried this before... Is there a way to trap a keypress while in a loop? We are processing over 4 million rows in a loop. To handle memory, I am resetting and retrieving appropriate untouched rows after every ### ...
Hi, I have some questions about the length of string input variable value in PowerBuilder embedded SELECT statement (PB 2019 R3 + SQL Anywhere 17). We have some legacy PB code which splits string into 65535 character pieces, writes them to a temp. ...
NotoSans-Regular and NotoSans-Bold fonts are in the: Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 22.2 Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 22.1   directories.  They are listed as required for the pdf builder.  Why?  Do we have to install these on the user...
Hello, We moved from PB17 to PB22. There are problems with the pictures.It's easier to show than to explain. This is a window: There are a lot of uo with buttons on the window.After pressing any button, problems begin - the pictures disappear.E...
Hi, I am evaluating the use of Power-Client for App Deployment for out team. I tried to use an SFTP connection for a target server on port 22 but somehow it does not seem to work from the power client project (although I can connect to the server vi...
How can we add this request header Miscellaneous information using webbrowser control. Tried using webbrowserset method and wanted to avoid using olecontrol.  ...
hello?It's Powerbuiltder 2019 R3 version.APPEON works on Android phones.I'm trying to convert DW_3 into PDF or JPG, but it doesn't work well. What's wrong with the script under? -- under --String ls_filename, as_filename ls_filename = "file:///sto...
Has anyone used a Model-View-Presenter or any Model-View-xxx coding format with PowerBuilder?...
Hi Team,   Please be informed that,I am able to make dot.net server up , but i could not able to access my web api , i configured same thing launchsettings.json and program.cs files , but i could'nt able to access my web api applicaiton path like (...
Hello Team, We are recently facing one issue in PB2022(Version 1878). We have one feature in our application where we export/unload data directly from the exasol DB using PB2022. However, Exasol DB requires JDBC connection and since JDBC connection ...

There are no discussions available here currently