Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Wanted to place some information on what we found that might help others when they are working within a GIT environment.  Running under PowerBuilder 2022 R2 2819. We had a situation where one of our developers was attempting to delete a multitude of...
PB 2022 Build 1892 on Windows Server 2019 run via RemoteApps. Multiple customers are reporting occasional aborts like this: The application is MDI style. The background of the frame window has a tab control which hosts multiple WebBrowser control...
Hi all, I can't find how to hide .git and .vs subfolders from the dir list in scaffolding service/controller. I'd like just to show the folders that apply to the application. Is it possible? Best, .m ...
"Please Connect as a PowerBuilder Catalog Owner. This is necessary for the initial connection to Oracle to GRANT privileges on the repository."Kindly advise how to resolve this issue...
Hello,   I would appreciate your advice and experience on known automation Testing tools that we can applicate   to our PowerBuilder application (version 2022 R2).   As far as we researched, we didn't find any that can make a difference to out t...
Hello! I have developed a REST API using SnapDevelop and I'm looking to add an update function to a table that includes a blob column. Is this feasible in SnapDevelop 2022, or should I explore alternative solutions? The intent is to upload images ta...
I have some C# code that that is already written in Snap Develop and I  need to make a call to that code from within Power Builder to get a value. How can I do that?...
Hello, In the past days, I was using the fact that the compiler was resolving variables at compile time of the object. So when I was declaring an instance variable like this :string is_CompilationDate = String( today(), 'dd/mm/yyy' ) When making a...
Hi guys, using PB2019 R3 - build 2779 since recently i am no longer able to open PB windows and copy them. 1. i open the window i want to copy, so far so good. 2. take File / Save as 3. i give the window a new name but then the name of the windo...
Hello, We utilize PowerClient for deploying our app and are contemplating the potential implications of upgrading our PowerBuilder IDE from 2022 R2 to 2022 R3. Could you clarify whether the Cloud App Launcher would be affected by this upgrade? Spec...
Hello, First I tell you that this issue is NOT there in PB 2022 R2 build 2819.  We just compiled that same application with R3 and are facing these issues. Issue is in PB 2022 R3 build 3289 + tabbedview + PFC Resize without PFC - Appeon Community +...
I'm trying to upgrade a winform target from PowerBuilder 2019 R2 to PowerBuilder 2022 R3.  I get an error when trying to edit the project file: "Unable to open this project because the add-on software that was used to create it could not be found. Pe...
I turned on tabbed view on my MDI frame and that all works as expected, until my QA folk pointed out that using the close 'X' on the tab doesn't trigger an event like closing the 'X' on the window. -- So unsaved changes can't be captured when closing...
Hello Community,a happy and healthy new year to all of you!We found that supporting visually impaired or blind users in PowerBuilder DataWindows is a particular challenge. DataWindows can be read to some extent by screen reader software as long as th...
Hi everyone, I've come across information in the documentation stating that the deactivate event occurs when a window is closed, as mentioned here: https://docs.appeon.com/pb2022r3/powerscript_reference/deactivate_event.html. However, it appears to ...
we have multiple applications, some are created by using PB and others are .NET application. All these executables are deployed under one single folder and these executable are reading/writing some data in one common configuration INI file. we are tr...
Hi, We have a standalone PB2019 application which is hosted in Citrx and uses the SQL Authentication. But now we want to use the windows authentication using a functional ID (BOX id) but this can't be achieved using SQL Native Client. Could any on...
Hi, We have problems calling post HTTPClient request. With postman it runs perfect, but in powerscript we have an error 400 when looking for body data. getResponseBody tell us invalid request, missing grant_type It seems like not indicating corre...
Hello community, we have this problem:   We use the Bullzip printer to generate PDF files with the font for 2D barcodes, in this case interleaved 2 of 5 TB2Fi25HRc, the Bullzip printer incorporates the Font in the PDF The results are: 15040242858...
Hello, my applications usually run on computers with a M/d/yyyy (English (United Sates)) system short date format. I have been running into issues on systems that have the system short date defined as dd/MM/yyyy (English (Canada)). I am repairing ins...

There are no discussions available here currently