Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
My company has identified the 2010 Microsoft C++ distributable as being either toxic or outdated is there plans to use the newer version of these files?...
Hi I'm looking to optimize the execution of a large application write in Pb2022 application. Opening windows takes a long time the first time while it is faster afterwards. I wonder if it might be related to loading pbd into memory. I am looking ...
We have a Powerbuilder app and it uses ole control on a window and uses Microsoft word.  If users have a 32 bit version of word installed the word document stays inside the ole control and users can edit and save document.  However if users get a new...
Hi, I have a drop-down-down-data-window (d_dddw_status) which has in addition of the code also R,G,B values for column background color. What I would like to do is to have the  the color of the d_dddw_status to flow to the actual data window column...
I have an application built in Powerbuilder 17 that I can access over Windows 10 without any issues. The same application migrated to PB 2022 does not open for me. The Event Viewer logs an Application Error with Exception Code 0x c000005. My other co...
Hi II'm trying to download files from Dropbox In  pb app. I tried to use the rest api, as was demonstrated on Kevin's webinar. That works well, but the access token used is temporary only... And expires.  How can I code a script for that, but wit...
Hi, We just migrate our PowerBulder SOAP Webesrvices from 12.5 to 2021 (connecting to an Oracle 12 database). We deployed the MSI file on our IIS server and we moved manualy the content of runtime folder (21.0.0.1509) and DotNet bin folder (located...
I'm changing the length of some database columns that are on a lot of reports to allow 40 instead of 20 characters. To avoid changing the portrait-mode tabular reports to landscape, I'm leaving the width of the report field the same, and changing bot...
Hi, We're having problems with the app not updating at the client when we update it at the server. We're having to delete the app from C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\PBApps\Applications and hit the download link again in order to get the new version. ...
  Happy Friday, All - Looking to see if anyone else has run into a similar, yet very bizarre, issue : Version : We are using PB 17r3 Build 1880. ( Code was migrated from PB 10 long before I started working for the company ) OS : Windows 10 Enterp...
I've been getting behavior where my app some time stops responding. When I look in the server Application event log I'm seeing these in pairs. Not sure if they are actually related to my issue but wondering if anyone can shed some like on how to debu...
So I have reviewed the Rest WebAPI example application from Appeon located at https://docs.appeon.com/snapdevelop2019r3/Secure_a_Web_API_with_JWT_Token/index.html#test-the-web-api I am using PB 2022 for this and trying to build a simple WebAPI to d...
As Title...
If we deploy a PowerBuilder application using PowerClient, I had a few questions on when exactly and how often those files are pulled off the web server during runtime usage. When we update one pbd or library object, or one of the many "Files preloa...
I am running into an odd problem with PBDom when parsing XML using PB2017 Classic on Windows10.  I am getting an error calling BuildFromString to parse my XML.   The error is 'Error calling method of a PBNI object'.   I am only receiving this error...
Every time I try to access SnapDevelop 2022 --> Open PB Workspace it says Unhandled Exception (License Exception), last week I was having issue with Appeon PB 2022 , I restarted my machine it got resolved at that time. But, this SnapDevelop Licen...
I have a PB application that I am trying to convert to PowerServer. The application uses SQL Server as the database.  The application is designed to connect to the database upon start up and will close the connection after the user logs out.  What I ...
How to dynamically set the content of the Product Version text box? I cannot find the objects to refer to it. I have an instance variable in another object and I would like to use it to update the Product Version (aka exe version). Thank you. ...
We have trouble to set up UFT tool for the web application testing. We follow the instruction on https://docs.appeon.com/ps2020/testing_web_app/qtp.html and still now work. Currently we launch the web application by using iwarunner. Is tere any speci...
Hello All, Kindly let me know what all things has to be taken care during when we migrate PowerBuilder 2019 R2 to Powerbuilder 2021 Also please let me know the type of issues that can occur while changing the DSNs from 32 bit to 64 bit.   Thank y...

There are no discussions available here currently