I am running into an odd problem with PBDom when parsing XML using PB2017 Classic on Windows10. I am getting an error calling BuildFromString to parse my XML. The error is 'Error calling method of a PBNI object'.
I am only receiving this error with the following steps:
1) Open a specific unrelated window in the application (batch authorization window)
2) Immediately close the Batch Authorization window.
3) Open my window using PBDom (Blast hole window).
4) Parsing is fine, Close the Blast Hole window.
6) Open the Batch Authorization window a second time. Immediately close.
7) Open the Blast Hole window. Exception parsing XML - 'Error calling method of a PBNI object'.
I have the pbdom170.pbd added to my library list. I am running into this problem in the development environment. I haven't tried deploying the application yet.
'C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder' has been added to my system path.
Question 1: What could be causing the exception error i am receiving only after opening one specific window?
Question 2: Why would this exception only occur after the second open?
I have searched for this issue online but all of the examples refer to a deployed environment and missing files.
Below is the snippet of code throwing the exception:
idom_pbdom_doc = idom_pbdom_builder.BuildFromString(ls_xml)
catch (throwable e1)
ls_exception = e1.getmessage()
//KEB - Error importing xml
Any help on this issue would be great as i have hit a wall.