1. John Brown
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 7 April 2023 16:56 PM UTC

Happy Friday, All -

Looking to see if anyone else has run into a similar, yet very bizarre, issue :

Version : We are using PB 17r3 Build 1880. ( Code was migrated from PB 10 long before I started working for the company )

Issue : SaveAs is creating an empty file. frown

- If user selects save with headers, you get the letter "a" - and there's no letter "a" in the headers or data results.

- If user selects no headers, file is empty.

Print from the same datawindow works fine. laughing

Print to PDF from same datawindow works.  laughing

There's nothing special or fancy in the print or save logic. Just using basic calls to PB/PFC functions/events.

I've run through the debugger and am not seeing anything abnormal ( the debugger does skip right over the "SaveAs" call ).

Thanks for guidance or suggestions,

- John

John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 7 April 2023 17:56 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi, John -

Exactly what Save As type with headers? There are many format types that can include headers. Does it work if you choose one of the alternative types with headers?

Comment
  1. John Fauss
  2. Friday, 7 April 2023 18:25 PM UTC
Searching the online list of bug fixes, I see a fix listed for a similar issue in versions 2019R3 and 2021 in response to ticket 6504. I suggest you open a ticket for your version. Please also realize that the LTS (Long-Term-Support) version of PB 2017 R3 will reach End-of-Mainstream-Maintenance in a few months (July 2023), so you might want to think about upgrading to a newer version in the very near future.
  1. Helpful
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Friday, 7 April 2023 19:20 PM UTC
Maybe the file is Unicode but doesn't have BOM bytes at the beginning so the text editor thinks it is Ansi?
  1. Helpful
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Friday, 7 April 2023 19:21 PM UTC
Take a look at the file with a hex editor like this: https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.