1. Padma Kaur
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 6 April 2023 17:54 PM UTC

I have an application built in Powerbuilder 17 that I can access over Windows 10 without any issues. The same application migrated to PB 2022 does not open for me. The Event Viewer logs an Application Error with Exception Code 0x c000005. My other colleagues don't seem to have any trouble. What could I be missing on my machine? Thank you for your time! Much appreciated :)

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 6 April 2023 18:03 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Padma;

Did you deploy the new PB 2022 runtime files, Microsoft files, ODBC client, etc along with your App?

https://docs.appeon.com/pb2022/application_techniques/PowerBuilder_runtime_files.html#d0e23888

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Monday, 10 April 2023 16:35 PM UTC
Hi Padma, It doesn't seem you are doing anything wrong so now I would suggest you open a support ticket our team investigate if there is some defect in PB 2022 causing this problem.
  1. Helpful
  1. Padma Kaur
  2. Wednesday, 12 April 2023 14:15 PM UTC
Thank you Armeen for that suggestion. I do know the problem is restricted to my machine. I attempted to run the program with the /pbdebug switch and the .dbg file stops short of 'Executing object function +CREATE for class ...' For some reason it fails to load the PB objects. All other .dll files (PB runtime and/or Windows) load correctly. I compared it with another colleague's trace file and it matched except that her file successfully loaded the class object required for the program and mine died just short of it.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 12 April 2023 21:57 PM UTC
You're very welcome Padma. What you discovered would be useful information provide in support ticket if your problem doesn't get solved here.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.