Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi....our office is using Powerbuilder 2019 R3. We currently compile our project but use a 3rd party software instalshield to create the install for the users.....I see R3 has the Powerclient feature....but in reading the documentation is sounds like...
Our team is starting to develop WebApi's using Appeon's Snapobjects.  One of the main libraries we are using is the SqlExecutor class to create our data access layer. One of the things that got us confused was the ability to use the SqlExecutor.Sele...
Hi, I'm looking for a way to generate data in a specific JSON format to sent it to a unknown web server.  I have two tables (table1 with column1, column2, column3 and table2 with column2, column4). The table1 has a foreign key to table2 (column2). ...
Hi All I'm trying create a REST API based on below video, and getting error like below :   (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRKNPA1EM_o&feature=emb_logo) It could be possibile to dowloand the sample in the video somewhere?   Thank you ver...
Is there any Possibility to catch Enter Key press in Ribbonbar Combobox?...
Hi All,  I encountered issue when I tried to test Web API by SnapDevelop Web API Tester.  Tester showed error. But it run well when I test on Google Chrome Browser.  Any workaround instead of test on Google Chrome Browser?    Regards, Alv...
Windows 10, 64 bit platformI had PBv12.1 installed and running.I uninstalled PBv12.1 then cleaned up folders and Registry entries.I copied the entire 12.0 install folder to my C:\Personal folder.SYSAM is still running.I try to install PBv12.0 using t...
We have a application that was written in Powerbuilder 7 with an Oracle 11.2 database. Our database team is wanting to do an upgrade to either Oracle 12.1 or Oracle 19. Does anyone know if Powerbuilder 7 would support Oracle 12?   Thanks Jim  ...
Hi,       We have a very old power builder code and its running fine in production (  windows 2008 and SQL 2008 )       Currently when a user logins , the "profilestring" in the code  Trim(ProfileString("C:\windows\choice.ini", "Choice", "drive", "...
Im trying to follow along in the course material for powerbuilder fundamentals, In the lab workbook at page 16  the following code is pressented  double ldbl_argl , ld.bl_arg2 , ldbl_result IF IsNu.mber (Sle_argl . Text) AND IsNumber (sle_arg2 ....
InfoMaker 11 (and earlier) had files imstyle###.pbl and imstylecontemporary###.pbl that contained ancestor objects for IM forms. I'm wondering where they are stored in newer versions. If I open the source code of forms in tutor_im.pbl using a code s...
Hi All,  I just upgraded my PowerBuilder(PB) IDE from PB 2019 R2 to PB 2019 R3 for experiment purpose.  However, can I edit the PBL objects under PB 2019 R3, but deploy the modified PBL objects to production environment under PB 2019 R2 ?   Regar...
I need to generate an image that contains a QR from a certain string. What options do I have in Powerbuilder?...
Hi Guys,  Do you have any idea to obtain the PB Demo DB V2019R3 database file in order to run PowerBuilder 2019 R3 demo samples?   Regards, Alvin Note: No connection issue when I connected  SQL Anywhere 17 Demo database.     ...
Hi All,  I can publish a web site sample written in Asp.net Core 2.2 to IIS Server by using SnapDevelop 2019 R3 Build 2670.  However, SnapDevelop shows the error message as below. Any configuration to allow me to add/edit script and styles? Please...
Hi All,  I had written a ASP.net webform application which target framework is .NET framework 4.5.2 with using Visual Studio 2019. It runs well in IIS server.  However, SnapDevelop shows error message below when I tried to load the ASP.net project ...
Hi , Defined below SQLCA transaction object in PowerBuilder 2021 (beta), this transaction object used to for multiple database connection during runtime :- Below error return when try to access SQLCA transaction object (nvo_trx_info), look like t...
Hi, how can get the serial number of hard drive, I try with  FUNCTION boolean GetVolumeInformationA(ref string lpRootPathName,ref string lpVolumeNameBuffer,ulong nVolumeNameSize,ref ulong lpVolumeSerialNumber,ref ulong lpMaximumComponentLength,ref u...
Hi I am having a new problem loading an Appeon plugin to run a PB 12.5 application on Appeon 6.5 server.This application is only compatible with IE browser. I have used IE 11 browser for years to run this production application without any issues o...
Dear Sir, We are using Rest API, with PHP , If we want to create / Insert row through controller and IDatastore working fine. But update the values in the table , still it is inserting instead of update.  Is there any easy way to update values in ...

There are no discussions available here currently