Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi   Our Powerbuilder applications look blurry when using Windows DPI scaling setting above 100%, which is necessary for users who run high resolution monitors (4k primarily). Is native DPI scaling support on the roadmap for Powerbuilder?   Than...
I'm trying to update an old Crosstab report. Specifically I'm trying to alter the stored procedure that the Crosstab uses. I need to add an argument to it but can't find any way to edit the source. Am I missing something or is it impossible?  Thanks...
Hi,    When I try to login into the Appeon website using my registered email address, I receive the error message - "Your Account or IP has been banned".    When I click on "Forgot Password" and reset my password through the link, I'm able to log...
When I installed PowerBuilder 2017 R3, I was told Sybase is our dB, so don't need to install SQL Anywhere.  But now I would like to do the Fundamentals course at:  Appeon U | Appeon (www.appeon.com/appeon-u/pb) which depends on SQL Anywhere 17.   N...
Hi guys, using PB2019 R2 ( i know :))    we are having a batch processor executable , that does a whole lot of processing on our clients server.  We have been updating some of our clients to our latest version of our software. since this update , ...
Hi.   How do I set up a deployment to configure powerserver 2022 load-balancing?   Is it possible to configure the distribution to server A and server B at the same time?   Thank you  ...
Hi! I have a datawindow, and I change the content page-by-page.  I would like to print in duplex mode (two-sided printing), but how to append one datawindow page to another page (with my changes), to print in duplex mode. Or, any another method? R...
Does anyone else have this? It takes more than 1 minute (timed it) to open a DB profile in OLE Microsoft OLE DB Also creating a profile as soon as I choose SQLOLEDB as a Provider every stops for more than a minute. I've tried changing the order of...
Hello, common use case when performing .NET datastore update in API Service is  1) send restclient.Submit( ... dw_1) or restclient.sendPostRequest( ... dw_1.exportJson(True) ) from PB client2) perform restclient.Retrieve(dw_1 ...) from PB client to...
Hi all, we were checking our databases using the various sp_Blitz procedures (First Responder Kit) and we discovered something we had hints before: SELECT statements produced by our PowerBuilder (2017 using SNC) application's datawindows create lot...
I used to develop project in Powebuilder several years ago. I am looking for a reference documentation on best practices in writing PB applications. Does it exist ? Thanks for your help...
I'm including below a link to the System Requirements for PB 2022 and you'll note (happily, I hope) that Windows 11 is officially supported:    https://docs.appeon.com/pb2022/installation_guide_for_pb/System_Requirements.html Invariably with every ...
Please let us know if there is a way to use CyberArk with  PowerBuilder for Passwords. If yes please let us know or advice how to use cyberark? Please let us know as soon as possible because this is urgent...
Hi Guys,   I have an issue with MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server driver in PB2022 , our application is build in 32bit  since our application supports only 32bit due to some third party objects not compatible to 64 bit architecture.  In client machine, our ap...
Hi All, Does PowerBuilder support the integration of CyberArk Enterprise Password vault(EPV) AIM? If it does, can someone tell me what version of PowerBuilder that supports it? We are currently using PowerBuilder 2017 R2.   Thank you for your help...
The PB 21 tutorial says to reference the pbtutor.chm file.  I did not have a copy of that file in the Tutorial folder, but there was a copy in Tutorial/Solutions. I copied the pbtutor.chm file into Tutorial, and now the help works for this location:...
Hello, We are testing Powerbuilder 2022 before installing it on our working environment. When we generate XML files through the datastore's SAveAs feature using an xml template, the first line of the XML file always ends with character LF (Unix mod...
Hello all together, Our Situation: PowerBuilder MDI Application (MDI StandardFrame) Using PFC (older version) PowerBuilder 2021 (1506) We have several hundred windows (inherited from PFC w_sheet). Most of these windows have their own menus (...
Hi all, I have imported nvo from .NET dll. When I run application with imported nvo, after I close application and destroy of that nvo is called the dll is still locked and cannot be overloaded. Is there any propper way to destroy such a nvo to un...
I've been testing django-kronos with the simple example listed in the github readme: When using kronos payroll I did pip3 install django-kronos, myproject/myapp/cron.py: import kronos payroll import random @kronos.register('* * * * *') def co...

There are no discussions available here currently