Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to trace the PB application using PB profiler and get the actual select strings for embedded SQLs. All I get in the trace file is "DB Select" for the name. I am working with PB2017 R3 Thank you  ...
Hello, all We are having the following problem. There is a very complicated window with 48 controls on them. Even when running on a very powerful machine it takes over 1.5 seconds before OpenWithParm function is called and the first line of the fir...
Our application has a feature where which columns are visible or not can be decided by the end user and the settings are stored in the database. When I loop through the columns to check the Visible property, all the columns return 1 (True). It appea...
New to PS 2021, trying to do a POC to show management.  I'm trying to create a POC on my local machine with Oracle.  In the Project/Database Configuration, it's asking me to specify the location of the Oracle driver.  I clicked browse and found the O...
In PowerBuilder 2019 R2, we have a datawindow with a column that is 5000 characters.  Users typically paste data into this column (from clipboard).  However, if the data being pasted in is greater than 1024 characters, the column will not allow that ...
Hello, When validating a powerbuilder process, by clicking on a save button, we trigger a window event. In this event we do a datawindow.print() and the buffering window appears, the event stops, but curiously we can interact with the window by clic...
Hello, Our PowerServer application gets AppeonWAShell message "Session is disconnected. Connect again?"  after the database SQL takes about 2 minutes 30 seconds. We are using PowerServer 2020, Oracle database 19, Dynamic Database Connection and Pool...
FYI folks... PowerClient... - Direct deploy to IIS succeeds as does the installation to the clients from IIS. - Packaging of Executable installer succeeds. - Choosing to Package the compiled app fails. After splitting the PBDs succeeds From the...
Hello, We are using Power Server 2020 with test license. How may we change the PowerServer Application title? The Application/Client Features/Application Title is setting as "For Testing Use Only -" on AEM and is not editable. Thanks, Jon...
Hi Everyone, What can be done to avoid DLL hijacking for a Powerbuilder application in a Windows environment. Files may be signed using Microsoft sign tool but this will not protect from hijacking unless you somehow use verify to check the  files ...
Hello, PB 2019 R3, PostgreSQL 11 Got blob data in one of our tables where images are stored, which we are showing in two different ways.   The output looks different in the display size.   Why? Left hand side:   which is a picture column [ Inser...
I have an old Powerbuilder 12.5 desktop application.  It has been running fine, and I'm in the process of totally rewriting it in another language. However, I'd like it to continue to work until I can complete that project. Recently, some windows u...
I noticed that PB 2021 is storing the icon file name in the source code of the application object. I am wondering when this was added. This is something I brought up to Sybase during the PB 10 beta and I brought it up a couple times since. I am very...
Hello, I just upgraded from Powerbuilder 10 to Powerbuilder 2021 and I want to use the new WebBrowser object you are providing. I cannot find any good example or tutorial about how to use it. I haven't been able to load a web page so far. I am settin...
Why am I receiving a useless notification "Awesome! You've caught up with all notifications"? (causing me to NOT have caught up with all of them). The red thingy on the notification bell icon is clear enough. Sometimes we just code stuff for the sa...
Hi,  We have project that using MS TFS for source control, and using PowerGen to build the project. Recently we upgraded from PowerBuilder 2019 Build2170 to PowerBuilder 2019 R3 build2728. In the development environment, we create local work space f...
Hello, We need to debug on client environment. Client doesn't want to open it's VM machine on internet. So we need to install Powerbuilder and offline license doesn't work on VM. How to do? Eval version is no more availabale for 2017 R3... Any id...
Hello, I'm trying to fix IWArunner on a powerserver 2019 server. After I install it on my pc this is the error message I am getting when trying to run it.  2022-02-07 13:29:42 Download failed. HTTP status is abnormal. The error code is the HTTP sta...
Hello, We are using iwarunner for users to run the application. We upgrade our application from PS 2017 to PS2020 and has 1 web server and 2 app cluster servers on Windows Server 2019. When users   I try to run application using iwarunner, the appl...
Hello, I have migrated PB12 to PB17, during this migration process we have tested webservice it is working on the PC where powerbuilder17 is installed but not working on others PC if we generate .exe and place all the needed dlls. Getting "ERROR LO...

There are no discussions available here currently