1. Kevin Ridley
  2. PowerServer
  3. Wednesday, 9 February 2022 18:45 PM UTC

New to PS 2021, trying to do a POC to show management.  I'm trying to create a POC on my local machine with Oracle.  In the Project/Database Configuration, it's asking me to specify the location of the Oracle driver.  I clicked browse and found the Oracle/Product/Bin folder.  Tried most of the DLL files I thought would be the driver, but none seem to work.  Anyone know which DLL file is needed here?

Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 11 February 2022 01:10 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

In my pb2019r3 I have to right mouse click on an empty area on the toolbars and choose 'powerbar4' to show the PS Toolbar:

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 11 February 2022 01:13 AM UTC
In PB 2021 it is a different toolbar. But good point that maybe one of the toolbars is not selected.
  1. Helpful 1
There are no comments made yet.
Kevin Ridley Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 10 February 2022 17:22 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi Armeen.  Thanks for the helpful info.  Once I used the Nuget driver, I was able to proceed.  Now I'm stuck on the Database connection.  Our DB is actually Oracle 12c, but we were using the 11g client for PB.  With the driver from Nuget I'm getting the following error, any thoughts?  I'm using the DB name as the service name, not sure what belongs there.

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Friday, 11 February 2022 01:08 AM UTC
See my last answer.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 11 February 2022 02:01 AM UTC
Hi Kevin .... That option is located in the PowerServer "Project" toolbar.
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Friday, 11 February 2022 11:55 AM UTC
BTW: The last news I got from Appeon was that TNSNames aren't supported in Powerserver nor Snapdevelop. Maybe this has changed?

https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/track/view?id=6268

1. Helpful
Tracy Huang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 10 February 2022 06:20 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 3

Hi Kevin,

Just FYI.  Tutorial 13: Connecting to the Database provides step-by-step instructions for creating a successful database connection for the installable cloud app.

For your case (using Oracle), you can check the following section/chapter:

Part 1: Configuring database connection for project compilation > Creating a cache for the Oracle database

Part 2: Configuring database connection for app runtime

Regards

Tracy

Comment
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 9 February 2022 19:05 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 4

Hi Kevin, PowerServer uses native .NET drivers for Oracle.  OCI.DLL is for client/server.  It is best you download the NuGet package by selecting the top radio button in your screenshot.  You are asking for trouble by supplying your own files, and only reason we added such option is small % of our customers can’t access NuGet Website.

Comment
Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 9 February 2022 18:50 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 5

Hi Kevin,

What version of Oracle?
Also, any particular reason as to why you're not going with the "Install driver from NuGet" option?

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
  1. Kevin Ridley
  2. Wednesday, 9 February 2022 19:05 PM UTC
We are currently using version 11 with plans to go to 19 in the next 6 months or so. I didn't choose Nuget because I already had the Oracle 11 client installed on my machine.
  1. Helpful
  1. Francisco Martinez @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 9 February 2022 19:11 PM UTC
To spare you of future headaches: PowerServer doesn't support Oracle 11 (https://docs.appeon.com/ps2021/Database_Server.html). And exactly as Armeen said, that dialog is not asking for the Oracle binary driver, it's asking for the .NET driver. So in this case you should download it from NuGet
  1. Helpful 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.