Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
I am new to PowerServer and trying to get my test environment setup.  I have watched the video from Elevate and tried to follow along, but there is a step I am missing somewhere.  I have setup a new internal IIS server for the test.  Added an FTP sit...
El problema es que el modelo crea el parametro del Datawindow con un tipo de dato distinto al que esta en el Datawindow, o en la tabla o en store procedure y esto genera el error: " Select Error: The Byte type is not compatible with the data type of...
I just got a report from a user who is using our PB 2021 application that prints from DW reports in the application to their Konica Minolta C552 commercial copier/printer don't work: they say it prints "an endless number of almost blank pages - each ...
Powerbuilder 2019 R3. My users have just this week begun to report an inability to print from the deployed Powerbuilder app to the Adobe PDF printer. I have verified the same on my end. The Adobe PDF printer *does* work from other applications, howe...
We want to use the WebBrowser control in PB2021 to load HTML files and save them as PDF. We have working code, but it is adding a header and footer to the page. We need to not have those! Is there a way to force that? Maybe some JavaScript? I have ...
Printsetup functionality does not work as expected on PB2019 R3. The Print Setup window opens but the printers are not displayed even if the printer is installed on the machine. Please find attached screen shots for reference. Could you please pro...
hello we have an application that is accessed via citrix we are upgrading our database servers to Microsoft sql 2019 from 2012 apologies I am definitely NOT a database connection expert    historically our application INI file for connection wo...
I am using PB2017 R3 to create web service. I tried to use the Base64Encode in CoderObject:     CoderObject lnv_CoderObject    lnv_CoderObject = Create CoderObject     ls_Base64Str = lnv_CoderObject.Base64Encode(lblb_data) There was no error when ...
Hello.   We have an issue with DW in some machines. In our project, the is a DW_1.SAVEAS(). it will generate a pdf file, but the issue is that this dosent work in some machines, and in other ones, it those generate. Dw.object.dataexport.method is ...
I'm considering testing the new WebBrowser control to see whether it can be used to invisibly load HTML files then save them as PDF. The idea would be to load the HTML into an invisible WebBrowser with Navigate(), then when that is complete, print th...
Hi All, How I can check encoded string is correct, which is converted blob data using Base64. We are uploading encoded (using base64 Encoding) Blob data to "Docuware", some time it is not accessible from "Docuware", so before uploading, want to dou...
We have a PB application that uses Imagemagick to join one or more tif files into one tif file. We use Ole to connect to imagemagick. Sometimes this process of joining one or more tiff files takes a long long time. Our database or the firewall is set...
Hi Team,   While deploying application over Web (PowerServer Configuration toolkit), I selected all necessary DLLs in Deploy .Net/ DLL components section. When I run application in Browser getting 20021 - Loading DLL failed.  We have below v...
Hi, is there any way to handle JSON with more than 20 MB?  We want to create a Webservice in SnapDevelop, that sends or retrieves E-Mails. Our application sends the data to the Webservice and the Webservice sends the E-Mail or the retrieves them. T...
Hello All, I am a .Net c# developer who took over a PowerBuilder application. I have been doing some of the tutorials and had a question about the SQL connection part. In going through the tutorial for PB (https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019/getting_sta...
Dear all,   I am having a problem with setting a columns status to NotModiefied!, look here dw_list.SetItem(ll_row, "workitemstatus", 'Y')ldws_status = dw_list.getItemStatus(ll_row, 'workitemstatus', Primary! ) -->> now it is dataModified!ll...
Hello, PB 2019 R3 Trying to convert a print option datawindow into a Ribbonbar menu item.   Users will select the Printer, set paper size, set Margins etc.   Now to set1.  Printer ->  Combo Box option is available2.  Paper Size -> Combo Box O...
I'm having a strange issue with composite DataWindows in my PB app. When I deploy it to a remote (client) server, these DataWindows look fine (see attached screenshots). But when running the app locally, my composite DataWindow are cut off on the rig...
Hello fellows, Are there tools to provide code protection, obfuscation and software system licensing for applications genertated in Powerbuilder (powerscript)?. Thanks....
PBAutoBuild210 whit GIT   15:56:47 [Error] The PBG file does not exist. I'm compiling and this message appears. I would like to compile without the need to use PBG files    ...

There are no discussions available here currently