Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi, How do i run PowerClient on VPN environment? There is a scenario where the client wants PowerClient to be hosted into the cloud server and Powerclient is more like deskstop application. what the best way to handle this request. Am of the idea ...
Hi Is it possible to show mhtml (mht, mhtm) files in the Chromium based webbrowser control? Chrome supports it from local storage. CHromium suports it (according the documentation I've found). But if I try navigate to a local mhtml file the WebBrows...
Dear Support Team, Following code is not working in my environment. Connect using SQLCA; integer cmpnt_Id_var DECLARE my_cursor DYNAMIC CURSOR FOR SQLSA ; PREPARE SQLSA FROM "SELECT cmpnt_Id FROM Component" ; OPEN DYNAMIC my_cursor ; IF SQ...
Hi, All   I have a question about playing media files. Our media team has to generate MXF files. But our current media player doesn't support MXF format. Is there a media player I could use to play it? This is for Powerbuilder 2019 R3.   Thanks, ...
Hello; My name is Simon, I help my client for a application APPEON mobile  Register the app developed by APPEON in the Google Play Store. In the past, it was possible to register as an APK file, but now it is possible to register as an aab packag...
I am writing an admin program to check if a certain program is running on all workstations on my network. This will allow an admin to make sure all users have exited a program prior to updates being rolled out. I can do this with a command prompt an...
We have both Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 and 2021 installed.  I created an executable from 2021 and the .exe file required admin rights to run.  Appeon 2019 does not work this way.  Is there a setting on 2021 I should set or unset to stop this behavior?...
Hello, I am moving an old application from Powerbuilder 9.0.2 to Powerbuilder 2019 R3; part of the application collects pieces of RTF documents, and composes them together, into the Rich Text Editor. In PB9 to achieve this we had queries using SELE...
Hello everyone, I am looking for a solution whether it is possible to use an element (container) of a similar type as a groupbox in the datawindow, to which columns could be assigned and it would be possible to collapse (expand) it by double-clicking...
Does PB2019 work with Google Docs spell check?  We currently use Word spell check via an , but we're switching to Google Docs. lole_Spell = CREATE OleObjectll_RC = lole_Spell.ConnectToNewObject( 'Word.Application' )...
Hello Is there any way how to remap keyboard shortcuts in SnapDevelop? Thank you...
Good day, I have not used saving PDF to database using MSSQL... any advice or script that will solve my problem? thank you for you help...      ...
I keep getting the error message while debugging the application since i migrated from PB 10.5 to PB17 R3.The IDE crashes immediately after displaying the error message Runtime error! R6025 Pure Virtual function call Is anybody experiencing this?It...
Hi team,   Our Threat and Vulnerability Management Unit (TMVU) scans our devices and monitors for any potential threats on a regular basis. Recently the TMVU has identified potential security vulnerabilities with the installations of the PowerBuild...
Hi we are on Pb2021 connecting to SQLServer 2019 by new Microsoft OleDB Driver. In past we also used SNC, sql server native connect. We need to store  unicode characters like Ą, Ć, Ę, Ł, Ń, Ó, Ś, Ź, Ż Our db column datatypes are nvarchar for sql ...
PowerBuilder 2019 R3 2728 How can you prevent a window from Minimizing? I was hoping to trap it in Resize with a return code but that does not work. Chris Craft...
This error began to appear first thing Tuesday Morning (3/29), and generates this: ...
Hi Team, We are trying to use Github for our project to maintain powerbuilder source code.  A repository (a separate folder) has been created for our project inside github. People who are part of the project can only be accessible to that repository...
Hi. We're currently developing a service for fetching realtime currency from a online broker. The result is a JSON, like this: [ { "symbol": "USD/NOK", "timestamp": "2022-03-22T06:58:35.690285Z", "rate": 1.566015 }, { "symbol": "SEK/NOK", "timesta...
what is the timeout setting of the http client?  and is it different for powerbuilder vs powerserver (2020)? windows api has 4 timeout setttings: BOOL WinHttpSetTimeouts( int nResolveTimeout, int nConnectTimeout,  int nSendTimeout, int nReceiveTime...

There are no discussions available here currently