Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi, We have developed a SnapDevelop WebApI using 2019 R2. When I deploy it to IIS in this case on the same machine (windows 10) where we developed it, I get the error below while accessing it:     We have made sure all permissions are availab...
Hello, I'm trying to install Powerbuilder 2017 silently onto Windows 2016, however I can see the pre-requisite is SQLAnywhere2017. Installing PB manually I can decide NOT to install SQLAnywhere, so wondering what's the reason behind this being requ...
Good day!   Caan I modifiy and update rows using treeview datawindow?   thank you!...
I have been playing with SnapDevelop. I have a dll I wrote in C# .NET Framework Standard which fails to compile after opening the solution in SnapDevelop, even though it works just fine in Visual Studio 2017 and 2019. The error is gives is: Please c...
Hi, I am trying to connect to SQL Server when the system is forcing a password change.  When using SQLCMD the (-z) option is used to specify the new password. I cannot seem to find a property in the PowerBuilder Transaction object to allow me to spec...
In VS 2019 in menu Edit have Paste Special -> Paste Json/XML As Classes. I can't find this functionality in SnapDevelop ?!...
Hi, Im configuring one of my powerbuilder desktop app into web format. The functionalities is almost the same and needed minor adjustments, but the UI is not entirely deployed as it is on the desktop version.  For example: On desktop version, th...
Hi, I'm using PB 2017. starting from few days ego,when compiling an object,  I am not getting a display errors of the compilation. the save icon continue being blue ( does not become grey). The help message on the bottom left says "saving user obje...
Hello guru I'm playing with the branches. From what I understand, whenever I change the branch I have to do a 'refresh'. is it right? but ..... I noticed that the exported files on the folders do not match. In particular there are many mo...
Hello, For those who switch to Powerbuilder, a real world sample application with suggested ways to write business logic in a nvo, which could be coverted to C# for cloud conversion, will be better.  In powerbuilder separating the business logic and...
Hello, support I need to know how to set up a page size for DW, which is being printed on a continuous sheet.  We are talking about a cash register app, which is printing long receipts. I need to avoid page breaks even if there are 200 rows in the ...
Version 2019 Build 2082 Win10 64bit pc   Was just told to make 64 bit versions of all my projects and realizing I'm completely lost.   Having trouble running my app after compiling it for a 64 bit platform. (32 works fine)   In troubleshooting...
We have recently gone from PowerBuilder 12.6 to PowerBuilder 2017 R3 The method GetSqlSelect() (in DataWindow) has changed its behaviour in a compiled environment. If the datasource in the datawindow isa saved with graphical design then the method G...
In order to create a .NET API  I am trying to connect to Sybase ASE databases on our servers. They can connect in PowerPoint 2019 R2 but not in SnapDevelop. Is there any way to make the Connection via a Connection string etc. I am trying to Add a Dat...
private function long load_adres_dok (string asidf_dok, ref str_adrms adres);str_adrms ladr, empty_adr adres = empty_adr select first 1 trim(cod_ime_osi('eknm_d',eknm))||' ОБЩ.'||trim(cod_ime_obs(eknm))||' ОБЛ.'||trim(cod_ime_obl(eknm))||' '||cod_i...
Hi everyone, I have an old application with an outdated UI that needs to be modernized.On start up, this application shows a small window with multiple buttons (as Accounting, Human Resources, etc).Clicking on a button will open a new window with a ...
When I look at the ws_object folder and in the pibble in my target, it shows that there are changes that needs to be committed. But when I compare it to the master source control, there are no changes. I have refresh, rebuiild resolve,etc to try to ...
Hi Everyone,   I am using Powerbuilder classic 2017R2 build 1769(32 bit) and windows 10. I am not able to use c++ dll in my application. I got runtime error as "R021 - Bad runtime function reference". My C++ dll code is:- int __declspec(dllexport...
hi, is there an example where webservice authentication (username and password) is used in PowerBuilder? (SOAP) (Pb12 preemptive authentication)...
Hello,   I'm using PowerBuilder 2017 R3. We have an issue that our windows flicker alot when opening them due to different operations that are being performed (changing texts based on database entries, showing/hiding certain objects based on user ...

There are no discussions available here currently