Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Works in PB2017 but not working once converted to Appeon Web.  Anyone encountered this or have a work around? Environment Win 10 64bit, PB 2017 R1 ...
I know that there was a problem with GhostScript versions after 8.71 not having required fonts. I am pretty sure I heard that the issue was fixed. Can anyone verify that? Is there any reason we cannot use only the latest version - 9.23? We are cur...
Hi.   We have to expand a column in the database from varchar(50) to varchar(100). That column is referenced in a LOT of datawindows.   Is there a way to update all of the datawindows at once so that the datatype is set to char(100) in...
Can I send email  via Outlook from PowerBuilder?  Can I send it with an attachment?  How do I do it?  QUESTION: I created a report in PowerBuilder and I want the Power Script to send a copy of it as an email attachment.  How is it done?  Assum...
QUESTION: I created a report in PowerBuilder and I want the Power Script to send a copy if it as an email attachment.  Can I automatically send an email through PowerBuilder?  Can I attach a file to the email?  If so, how is it done?  Assume the f...
Hello Appeon Community, We are moving to PB2017 with git as source control. We used to use SVN earlier to manage code where we were not adding the library files (.PBLs) to source control. Any new developers used to download PBLS from one server an...
Is there a way to view the update sql statement generated by a dw? ...
  I have some constant data rows that I want to display from CSV file, and I have included CSV file  in the bundle during deployment in "additional files" tab. It works fine in desktop but cannot  read from file in app because I am not sure wha...
I am getting the following issue, *************************************************************************************************************** Unsupported Code: lnv_conn = create soapconnection,  Line Number:107, Location:Wf_initialize() ...
Hello, We used to build the PBDs and exe through orca script in a dedicated windows server for PB12.5 We used to install PowerBuilder 12.5 on each server for build. Now we are moving to PB2017 and want to build the PBDs and executable using ORCA s...
I have to open a browser and provide it a URL to navigate to. A portion of it needs to be URL Encoded (aka Percent Encoded), because it is a re-direct URL being passed along as a parameter to a login URL, and it also has parameters of its own. I&#...
We would like to create a PDF from a DataWindow that contains a hyperlink Is this possible? ...
Good morning. A question about the resize. I am developing my application with 1920x1200 resolution. I want to open my frame with the largest possible size in a 1024x768 resolution mode. It seems to me that powerbuilder has its Powerbuilder...
hellow,   i got this problem i'm trying to use this service https://maullin.sii.cl/DTEWS/QueryEstDte.jws?WSDL on my pb 11.5 project but i keep telling me that cannot     i even try with others WS, and nothing... already install...
"The "splash-screen" issue comes when you are running Windows 10 in a laptop that has touch screen functionality." after installing the lastest win 10 updates, I noticed that my old install of 12.51 now starts up immediately.  I no longer have to ...
Hi All, Hopefully you can help, where do i find any documentation on using a datawindow in querymode - I know how to put it into querymode - add do simple query What i mean is i can do for example (  when a date field ) ...
Hello I have developed a .Net  WS target  with some functions which connects the database , retrieve data into DS and needs to returns it . I used an  array of structures by reference  in the functions ( i saw it in Bruce A. video ) ,  but the ...
hi there, i have a datawindow with a group. i placed a button in the header of the group but when i click on it, in the event clicked i always get the row number = 0 is there a way to get the first row of each group break? tia ...
Hello, I installed PowerBuilder cloud 2017 and uninstalled it, then I installed PowerBuilder 2017 Universal edition, check PowerServer toolkit. After that installed PowerServer 2017 but the Powerserver toolkit never shows on PowerBuilder 2017. Any...
Hi ALL,           How do i connect to DB2 using SSL in Powerbuilder 2017 (1769)? Currently I connect to DB2 using this connection string ==>SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=xxxxx;UID=yyyyy;PWD="+ls_pwd+"'"+",CommitOnDisconnect='No...

There are no discussions available here currently