Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
hi all   How do i return string formatted as xml  by .Net ws target i have the rows retrieved rows , now i have so save it as xml how do i do that ?? thanks ...
Hi   I want to display some Javascript component in a PB OLE Browser component. That works? I receive clicked and doubleclicked events. Is there a way to trigger PB events (anything) or event call PB functions from the Javascript executio...
Our PowerBuilder application is 2017 Build 1666 on Windows 7.  We have also tried this in PowerBuilder 12.5.1, unsuccessfully. We are implementing new functionality that will require us to implement a dll.  We are creating the dll using the minGW ...
I got a notification that the MR 1769 is available:  "New MR Version (Build 1769) for Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R2 English/Japanese and Appeon InfoMaker 2017 R2 English/Japanese have been officially released!"   But, I only see stuff from 3/2...
Good morning. I'm trying to convert an application from oracle db to the PostgreSQL db. In the DW SQL we have some proprietary syntax that does not work in the destination db. Is there a utility that checks DW sintax to understand its c...
Good morning. I have a problem in finding information on a structure of type any. Let's go by order: 1) I declare a variable of type amy: 2) I call a WS that returns an array of structures (see down) 3) at this point, how do I acces...
I'm having trouble getting Appeon Plugin to work with Google Chrome version 64 with SSL.  It keeps downloading the plugin for installation over and over again.  I have no problem when using a standard http call to run the application.  I have a v...
When trying to deploy I get this error. Can somebody help me   15:55:02 Failed to download the deploy template file (template.zip)! ...
Do objects automatically move when a user shrinks/enlargens the web browser window?  If an app is converted from PB classic into Appeon web, will objects automatically (datawindow, single line edits.. etc...) adjust or is this something that needs...
Does anyone know where I can get the EAS demo database in SQL Server format or where there are scripts to create the database and populate the tables in SQL server? ...
Does anyone know what the of_appeonupload error -5 means. The doc only has -1 to -4. ...
I'm wondering if I can email a dw directly, or do I have to first create a PDF then email the file as an attachment? ~~~Tracy ...
Appeon - want some free marketing advice? I suggest you should skip the name PowerBuilder 2018 and rename it PowerBuilder 2019. Psychologically it is much better to receive a 2019 product at the end of 2018 or early 2019. How many car makers relea...
I am pretty sure I know the answer, but I was wondering if PB2018 and R3 could be installed side-by-side. The reason is that we have shipped our 2018 release in PB2018 but we want to start developing our 2019 release in PB2018 R3 so as to utilize its...
I just read the following:   PFC applications intended for Appeon Web migration must be upgraded to be compliant with PFC 9 or later. Some legacy PFC applications are based on the PFC 5.0 PBLs that have been migrated to the newer version, and y...
So I have a small PB sample app that uses an OCX for a schedule object. It does not use any database connections and I'm using the Trial version of PowerServer Web. When I initially was testing it, it deployed to this webpage   http://lo...
From my understanding, the PowerServer examples require SQL anywhere. We do not have this installed. Where can we get it? ...
Hello all I am Trying to run a .Net WS and i am getting the following message ( in the IE ) : Line 1:   What does it mean ? Using 2017 r2 , running on the same machine where the pb installed + databse ...
I have a question about the Installable Web App. Right now, we have an extremely complex large 12 year old app that runs lots of "medical type" offices from a citrix server. The app uses several 3rd party OCX'x/DLLs. I tried to run a sam...
I have a legacy application which has many (>500) datawindow objects (*.srd) which were created in earlier versions of PowerBuilder. Some have "release 6;", "release 9;", "release 11.5;", etc in the header. Particularly with version 6 datawindows the...

There are no discussions available here currently