1. Vipin Dwivedi
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 17 May 2018 21:12 PM UTC

Hello,

We used to build the PBDs and exe through orca script in a dedicated windows server for PB12.5 We used to install PowerBuilder 12.5 on each server for build. Now we are moving to PB2017 and want to build the PBDs and executable using ORCA script on the servers. Is required to install PB2017 on these servers for build? We will use this server only to build the PBDs and executable.

Thanks,

Vipin

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 17 May 2018 21:20 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Vipin;

No, you no longer need the PB IDE to be installed on the build machine(s). Just use the new PBC (Standalone Compiler) that comes with PB2017 & higher. It can be installed for free on any machine along with ORCAScript to perform unattended App builds.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Vipin Dwivedi
  2. Friday, 18 May 2018 15:40 PM UTC
Thanks Pollach for your quick response. I really appreciate it. We will keep posting the question related to PB2017 build and any other related to PB2017.

Regards... Vipin

1. Helpful
  1. Vipin Dwivedi
  2. Friday, 18 May 2018 16:02 PM UTC
Can you please take a look at this question which I asked. https://community.appeon.com/groups/powerbuilder/use-adding-libraries-git-pb2017

I am looking forward the answer so that we can start creating repository and start working on build side.

Thanks in advance

Regards... Vipin

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.