Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Helo all , I have an desktop app , using pb 2017 r2 . running and connecting to mssql  2014 DB . The pb + database are  installed on the same sever Now , I need to develop .Net WebService . ( it going to be published on the same server) . I ...
Hi there pb fellows... I am testing the autocompile utility (Appeon PB 2017 R2). Everything worked like a charm, and i was able to put the script as a planned operation without troubles. My question is: is it normal that the utility is very slow c...
After migrating my source to PB2017, the exports for the datawindows still say "Release 8" (Migrating from PB8). The only way I see to change that line is to open EVERY datawindow and save them...even without making any actual changes. Does thi...
Helo all   How do i set the cursor at the end of the text in a specific field in dw ? using pb 2017 r2   thanks   ...
I have my application upgraded to PB 17 Build 1756.  Works great so far as a desktop application connecting to MS SQL Server 2016 using the SNC SQL Native Client driver.  I deployed it to the PowerServer Web successfully and am able to retrieve da...
Just migrated our application from 11.5, with no errors.  During the migrate, I changed the pbdom115 library entry to pbdom170 and that's fine.   The problem I now have is that when I try to deploy the applications I get an error due to the proje...
I am testing PowerServer and the .ini file works fine for getting static info that I have set. I also user GetProfile and SetProfile for data the client selects and this does not seem to keep values.  Ho can I let the user set and keep values? ...
I'm sure that everybody that uses this forum, and quite possibly their dog as well, have figured this out, but JUST IN CASE.... The best way to read the posts in this forum is to open each post in a new tab. Right-click the mouses and select "...
We have reports where the currency value needs to be displayed with the appropriate currency symbol.  We can provide each row with the currency code and the currency symbol. How do we construct a dynamic format  The Base format is #,##0 ;[RED](...
Powerbuilder 12.5 Classic hi, i got a PB classinc .Net Assenbly that generate a pdf file from a dataStore. This Assembly is added as reference in a ASP.NET MVC 4 web application. In my PC with IIS Express (from VS 2012) it works perfectly...
Dear Appeon Powerbuilder Community Members, The Powerbuilder 12.6 client I support uses pbejbclient126.pbd which is located in c:\Program Files (x86)\sybase\shared\powerbuilder.  I have installed a trial copy of Powerbuilder 2017 R2 which does not...
Is there a way to capture SQL error when run datastore.update() return -1? For some reason SQLCA.SQLCode and SQLErrorText are empty  when ds failed to Insert or Update a row. Thanks, Yuri ...
How can I distribute the free SQL Anywhere with my PB app. I used to use dbeng50.exe but it has gotten buggy in Windows 10. I have read that you cant use dbeng* and need to use rteng* but I can't find it anywhere. ...
HI all,   From the download page i read   The release note for Build 1769 says: Installing this revision requires you to uninstall the original version 2017 first. If you have already installed build #1756 of this revision, we will pro...
I created a new library to contain objects while I'm developing them.  I updated the Target library list, but my project (which builds and compiles everything) doesn't include this new library to be included.  I couldn't find anything in ...
Hi, Where and how can I track DBError of SQLCA transaction object when I'm using Datastore? In Datawindow there is dberror event but how to do it with datastores? BR, Hannu   ...
My dw has a column with the dddw edit format.  The dddw requires a retrieval argument to isolate records from another table that only apply to the master record.  The retrieval argument is different from the data column specified from the master wind...
Hi,   Here is my code for generating JSON file from datawindow. it shows some issues. The out put should show like below  [ { "postId": 1, "id": 1, "name": "id labore ex et quam laborum", "email": "Eliseo@gardner....
Hi, Could someone advice me how to access JSON-data in deeper levels, for example street and area in this example data. I'm able to read upper level like location and formatted_address but how to access child data of address_components? { ...
I am using the PB mail stuff to send emails and on some users the messages are not showing up in their Sent Items folder. They all are using MS Outlook Standard 2013 and have outlook running when the mail is sent. ...

There are no discussions available here currently