Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
In query mode, when user enters null in a date field, I want to change the DW select from date = 'null' to date is null.  The former give a db errror.  I've tried modify('DataWindow.Table.Select=..., but before the actual retrieval, date = 'null' is ...
I use the DW Query mode in all of the master lists and search screens in my app... it works like a charm.  But, I have a new requirement in one of my master windows to show the number of linked documents, which is stored in a different table.  So my ...
I've tried declaring and calling this function in all sorts of ways and it continues to return an error.   here is the code that is failing  :   If WSAStartup(257, istr_wsadata) = 0   It should return 0   I wonder if anyone else has had this pr...
Gents - can I get some help with this 1880 update. I have tried installing it on a few different machines with the same results. See attached pic. Thanks....
Converting PB 12.5 application to 64 Bit PB2017 R3 and having issue with an External Function that calls GetHost from pbws32.dll. Is there any other way to get the machine IP Address without using pbws32.dll. Should work on both 32 and 64 Bit. Thanks...
Can somebody help us resolve our problem with Kernel32 OpenProcess function which seems to be not working in Windows 10 but OK in Windows 7 environment. Why? OpenProcess(1041 ,False, ll_process_list[li_cnt])  ...
Hello all... We need to update our process for application deployment, so that it is SOX Compliant. The requirement, as I understand it, is that the same files that are tested in the UAT environment are put into PROD environment.  This includes the...
PB2017 R3 build 1858 / Win10 / GIT /TFS / Tortoise GIT I had an issue with my workspace so I decided to start over.  Closed my workspace, then deleted the whole source folder including the pbw file.  Then I did Connect to Workspace using GIT/TFS and...
Hi all I have created a web service ( pb 2017 R3 build 1858 ) on my machine ( called it lola_tech) the purpose is :  connecting a db and return xml formatted answer for 3party users . each db is physically located on my customer's site . I want t...
Hi PB Experts I have run into an issue that, for the life of me, I cannot solve. I need to access PDF files on a share drive on a remote server using URL. If I copy and paste the file's URL, I get a LogIn/Password page which asks for security. Aft...
In PB 2017 R2 Build 1769, I used the below code to generate a PDF - which works great:   lds_holder.Object.DataWindow.Export.PDF.Method = NativePDF! ll_print = lds_holder.SaveAs( ls_attach_path , PDF!, FALSE )   HOWEVER, we currently have the opt...
  I’m migrating a Client/Server App from PowerBuilder v10 to Appeon R3 using Windows 10. After migration, R3 migration process did not carry full definition of few events of a window. There are few cases where Window has user event defined with arg...
Hi PowerSphere.   Scenario. I have a moveable datawindow. I really miss a "move" event analouge to the Resize Event   I should like to avoid the "Other" event if possible  Any suggestions (for this missing behaviour :) ) ? Regards Georgios 2...
I use a msoft web browser control to access files on the web. it works fine with non-secured sites, for example, the command:    l_file_name =  'http://50.26.26.26/User_Docs/help_file.pdf' w_web_browser.ole_1.object.Navigate( l_file_name )   wo...
I just downloaded the PB 2019 Beta1 using the non-Appeon link.PWRBLDR-2018BETA-1960-STD-EN.zip"The file being downloaded is titled " Is that a mislabeled file or is this actually the 2018 Beta?   Here's the page from which I downladed the file:  ...
Is there a way to filter out some selection options from a dddw at run time?  Example, starting with a list of 10 items, and then only showing 7 of those based upon the user's actions.  PB 12.8, Windows 10....
Does anyone know what other attributes are available for the AppeonGetHttpInfo function. help docs only mention 'HOST' and 'COOKIE'. trying 'USER_AGENT' but that gives a error. TIA Mike...
Hi community  - somehow I undocked my System Tree window and I cannot make it dock again. I read the help link below and tried the #2 item, but this does not enable docking. Very annoying. Any ideas? Thanks.   ===================== The Workspa...
Hi all,   I am trying to learn the settings for the NativePDF exporter. Here is the code I am using:    dw_print.Object.DataWindow.Export.PDF.NativePDF.UsePrintSpec = 'Yes'dw_print.Object.DataWindow.Export.PDF.Method = NativePDF!dw_print.Object.D...
Hi guru guys, I have been successful  calling a REST API using OLE Objets Msxml2.DOMDocument.6.0 and MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.6.0. Now, I have an API with "Request Data" that I'm not being able to call from PB. Can any of you help? This is the sample ...

There are no discussions available here currently