Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I am using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1858.  SQLServer 2012 database. datawindow.Retrieve crashing program when try to retrieve 'too much' data. I have a report that takes a date range argument.  when I put in a short date range, the report runs fi...
Inno Setup v5Windows 7, 64 bit platform Everything seems to work, except that the application itself does not show up in the Control Panel's "Programs and Features" applet. However, the Uninstaller entry exists there!  Folders and files are created ...
With the new theming UI in beta, do we have the capability to make a checkbox and/or radiobutton look disabled in a datawindow like we can on a regular object? I have a screenshot below of what I mean outside of a datawindow.     I don't want to...
Hello I'm migrating a PB2017 application to support datatype from CHAR to NCHAR and I have problems using SNC connection migrating from  PB 6.5 and Native MS SQL driver. This is the connection string: SQLCA.DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)"SQL...
Hi All,   I have a editable datawindow. I would like to use the left/right arrow to move between columns.  Currently user need to use the tab key to move to next column. Does anyone have any idea to achieve such behavior ?    Rgds, Chee Boon...
We are still running PB 12.5.2 build 5801 but was wondering if anyone else has recently run into an issue with MS Word formatting issues out of your application.  There were 2 recent updates that seemed to have caused it and one of them is a critical...
Using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880.  Nothing .NET, using standard PowerBuilder. ids_accs = CREATE DataStore ids_accs.DataObject = "d_users" ii = ids_accs.SetTransObject(SQLCA)   SetTransObject is returning -1 at runtime.  If running in the ID...
What version of PDFlib is used in R3? Version 9.2?   Thank you....
Hi all   I am trying to connect to a MSSql data base (2016) withADO.Net driver . It works fine from  IDE on one computer  but when i am trying to run the EXE on the another machine ( on the same LAN with full permission to the DB )  i am get...
This is in PB 2017 R3. I'm having a weird problem where some code I'm using to try to determine whether an instance of my app is already running is somewhat randomly crashing the compiled program (or PB if I run from there or use the debugger). I ha...
Hello, We are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880 on Windows 10 Pro.  I have created a menu object inherited from our base menu object.  The base object's menu style is contemporarymenu! and I have changed the inherited menu style to traditionalme...
Hello Communty, is there a way to use ORCA in a .Net project (preferably C#) without writing a c++ wrapper?I have tried several ways, but find no solution:- PBORC170.DLL is not COM visible, so not possible using via COM interface- directly import of...
Folks - we are trying to do our first build releases under the new Appeon PB17 and need some feedback on runtime environment.  With the old SAP/Sybase PB12, we were, I'm pretty sure, able to put  exe + pbd's in a folder, and just plop all the PB runt...
PowerBuilder 2017 R2 Build 1769 SQL Server 2012 I am working with a fairly old application that has been using the SQL Server ODBC Driver (SQLSRV32.DLL) for many years. We wish to upgrade to a newer driver so we can utilise some of the features uns...
Hi everyone, we are in our migration phase of PB 12.5.2 to 2017 R3. I'm imported the workpsace and target without problems.  I've deplpyed the webservice to create the new dll of my webservice. Trying to run the application in desgin mode and got sy...
In my project have too many custom NVO with not DS or DW. How to use this NVO in C# code or how to publish RestFull Service with this NVO ?!...
I'm trying to log into PowerBuilder 2017 from a new machine.  Although I can log in the account from another computer, I've confirmed that the user account is not occupied by another connection.  I'm getting a "No network connection" error.  I'm actu...
Hi. All! Subj : Today it happened at one of our developers. OS - Windows 10 Corporate 64bit We tried: 1. Regenerate 2. Optimize  3. Export/import objects 4. Create new Target 5. Create new Workspace 6. Clear layouts in windows registry 6. R...
Hi Guru I have a problem with an application that crashes. Ecosystem: Windows server 2012r2 Oracle 10 Powerbuilder 2017r3 When I retrieve a datawindows the system goes into error. The retrieve should recover 3,137,457 records. Thi...
Hi all, I'm trying to deploy a .net web service (PB2017 R3) to a production server and, when I try to test it, I get the "Could not load file or assembly 'Sybase.PowerBuilder.DataWindow.Interop.dll' or one of its dependencies".  I've checked all th...

There are no discussions available here currently