Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello   Does anyone know how I can trigger a MP4 video file thru PB? Just like I would show a PDF or BMP.   Thank You  Tom    ...
I have a datawindow that is getting it's information via an embedded select statement to my database. I have confirmed the select statement works against the database directly, and I have confirmed that they work when I use the "Run/Preview" within t...
I'm using Powerbuilder 2019 R2 Beta and SnapDevelop. I migrated a simple application to PB2019R2 and then built a Web API in SnapDevelop following the instructions in  https://docs.appeon.com/appeon_online_help/dwconverter2019r2/CRUD_Operations_wit...
Just curiosity or maybe giving Appeon an idea:   Can Infomaker somehow interact with .Net SnapDevelopped services? That might be a great enhancement for some users....
Hi, it's possible to close an external application with Powerbuilder ? example : close 'xxxx.exe' ? thanx...
Hi Guys, again me haha, someone has the knowledge how i can to change the style of a button? i would like to change the background color and the border style but i don't know how can to do it, i don't know if will can to do that the button looks wi...
One of my objectives is to upgrade an application to the most current version of PowerBuilder. Does the community have any suggestions for me so as to minimize any problems I may encounter?...
Hi Gurus, Need Help... We have downloaded latest major release of Powerbuilder 2017R3 Build 1880 for old RichText EditControl.   The RichText EditControl. works fine in powerbuilder development environment.   When I create EXE and execute appli...
The code bellow works fine in SQLAnywhere and SQLServer 12 but fails on SQLServer Express 10.50.6000. The result dw does not have the update property set and the key attribute in not set on the primary key fields. ls_sql = "SELECT * FROM CMF " ls_...
Hello,We have PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and 2019, we cannot have both IDE's open at the same time because of the account check. "This account is already logged in to PowerBuilder. Please use another account" I'm sorry, but that sounds really stupid. Is ...
We are planning on use the SQL Anywhere dbremote program to maintain two copies of the same database on servers in two different timezones.   We have a number of timestamps in our database and currently none store the timezone.   It is very easy to c...
We have some very complex reports that include rotated text and many bitmaps in a grid format.   We are currently using Amyuni PDF to generate these as PDF with great results.  I have used NativePDF to create PDFs for simple reports that seem ok howe...
We use computed fields with the bitmap() function to dynamically display pictures on datawindows.   We have also found that when displaying some smaller bitmaps in bitmap controls in datawindows ,setting the transparency to 1 smooths out rough edges ...
Hello, Would like to know how Appeon is planning powerbuilder ?   To run powerbuilder desktop application, do we need dot net ?  Is Appeon proceeding that way, to make powerbuilder applications, a dot net based one ? Or is it going to restrict dot n...
hello all   Does the ribbon menu support right-to-left? I could not find it.. I checked the window rtf property , I checked the app rtf property .. but the ribbon menu is still on the left   Is it possible ?   Thanks...
I need to convert a BMP image in the GRF format for the ZEBRA printer.Do you have a function, dll or OCX?I am using Powerbuilder 10.5 and PB 2019. thanks and regards,    Fernando.  ...
Hi - Is it possible to dynamically update the expression in a computed column (DwCompute) and then call the IDataStore<TModel> or IDataStore GetItem method on the column to have it return the new expressions value?  If so, could you provide an...
Hi, Could someone explain why the options for editing PowerBuilder IDE licenses (for example, changing license types, assigning / unassigning users, etc.) in the User Center site are not enabled?. Needless to say, my account has the profile to manag...
Hi All, I am trying to connect to an Oracle database using the EZCONNECT method.  We were given advice to use the servername setting like this sqlca.dbms="ORA Oracle" sqlca.userid="" sqlca.dbpass="" sqlca.logid=asv_login sqlca.logpass=asv_password ...
I am getting the following error on 2 workstations while trying the install my PowerBuilder application. "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).  Click OK to close the application." My assumption is this is a x64 versus x32 iss...

There are no discussions available here currently