Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi.   So we have this weird issue on one of our customers servers. When logging into the server via TeamViewer, the report in question comes up in preview in about 2 seconds. When logging into the exact same server via RDP, the report takes over ...
Hello, Is there a away i can increase powerserver developer version user session to 10?...
Gents  - I am picking up the baton from this earlier question which is marked resolved: https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/sql-native-client-support#reply-12700 After installing PB19 we have this problem now whereby the connection to ou...
Hi All This question is somewhat related to the one I posted on 03/05/2020 titled "Muilti-line input in a datawindow (dw) object" Thanks to Mike S's. and Michael Kramer's help, I was able to get over that hurdle. Long story short, now I need to ma...
How do I stop duplicates happening when I have linked some information from another table? Scenario - I am displaying a list of invoices, which you can expand to see some of the detail of each item on that invoice. The invoices are stored in the mo...
Folks - we are suddenly (last few months) having a mysterious issue whereby PB refuses to make pcode-setting executables, though it will make machine exe's that work fine. This started with PB17 after awhile (but not initially that I remember) and I ...
Hello, One of our users logs in and gets sent straight back to the login screen. The web admin shows them as logged in, but they can't get past the new login. If they click exit PB shuts down, if they log in again they are told they are already log...
is there a way to take a "snapshot" of a datawindow ...syntax and data so it can be saved to database and later retrieve that data and recreate the datawindow?  I have tried a few things but so far failing. tried - Getfullstate, save that to the db ...
  I try to use the new C# Class Importer, which allows PowerBuilder to use .NET assemblies directly without having to first create a COM Callable Wrapper for them.   i have this error:   some ideas ?   Thanks  ...
PowerBuilder v12.1, b7055 I'm attempting to implement multi-threading.I created the object INV_AUTORPT and got everything working in a single-threaded mode.In the Instance variables of the frame:u_nv_autorpt                inv_autorpt               ...
Hi, I'm here because one of my customers ask me the effort needed to migrate a PowerBuilder app to C#. I've tried to do it with the trial version, however after spend 2 day's and followed "using powerscript migrator" (https://docs.appeon.com/appeon_...
Hi I need help figuring out the correct expression (if at all possible) for the following case.   I have a datawindow Each row have: column1 which will have A B C or D as value column2 a decimal value   In the header I want a compute to displ...
When compiling for a Windows 10 machine, is there any benefit to being DLLs as apposed to PBDs?   Compile time is so much longer for dll, which is fine, just want to know the benefit....
I'm trying to create a group inside an excel sheet from PB script, I have found the instruction to do so at this address:    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/excel.range.subtotal The VBA instruction look like this:   Worksheets("Shee...
Hi, I have this datawindow with 4 "fixed data rows". Does anyone know if there's a way to manipulate these fixed rows with Modiy() or Describe()? I want to allow a user to create a sort of a template and drag field-names on columns in a datawin...
Hello, we are migrating a powerbuilder 2019 project from Oracle to Postgres 12. The async database parameter is set to 1 and the retrieverow event is coded, so i can cancel a retrieve.When i am connected to Oracle (native driver), everything works ...
All - we have installed the new PB19 version but now need the new pbdom19.pbd's as the pbdom17's are not working, can anyone point me to a download of these or should they be in the install package already? Thanks....
HiI create a Ribbonbar from a xml file. This one contains a menu associated with a Largebutton ("tag = mybutton"). I want to change the text of the 1st menu with the following code: long ll_retRibbonLargeButtonItem lr_buttonll_ret = uo_ribbonbar.Get...
We migrated from PB 12.1 to 2019 (Build 2170). We have external function calls to self written C# DLLs like FUNCTION long VollyballModel(ref str_volley_dll_call marketOdds[] , ref long odds_size, double odd_H, double odd_A,..... All works fine in ...
dear team,   please help me to resolve the issue plz go thru the script   long ll_row  DataWindow ldw_print ldw_print= create DataWindow ldw_print.dataobject = 'dw_test' ll_row = ldw_print.insertrow(0)   this is the script ; ll_row gives m...

There are no discussions available here currently