Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I need a control on a datawindow which allows the user to make multiple selections.  Because a drop-down listbox does not allow for multi-select, I wanted to utilize a listbox control.  However, it does not appear a listbox control can be added to a ...
Hi - I am using DwFunctionManager.AddGlobalFunction<TClass>() to inject a class which contains custom PB functions (static methods).  I am then using my function in an expression when using IDataStore.Evaluate().  I am having an issue when my s...
I have some code that checks for a custom object and if it doesn't exist I just trap it and continue on. The problem is everytime I run it in the PB IDE it will throw an exception error. If it is running in the EXE then the error is trapped correctly...
Hello, I'm in development at the moment of a vehicle tracking app which plots icons onto google maps from an XML file, I generate it in PowerBuilder and put it in the http-server folder which runs some JavaScript to plot the markers. On my Mobile ap...
Hi team, Recently we upgarded Appeon PoerBuilder Standard Edition Version 2019 Build 2170. But while connecting to TFS we are getting below error "Microsoft visual studio team Explorer or it's toola are not installed or registered. Please install or...
Hi, I am having an issue with an specific web-service GET, that seems to return me results from a cache, unless I exit from PB dev enviroment or close the application. The process to make the call looks normal to others I use and follows most PB sa...
Hi,  I've had similar problems - as described in bug 4103 - before, don't recall in which version of pb, but it was an initial one for pb2017. When I would do a deploy/build from the project painter, it would always crash. The solution was to no...
The Help on Time Display Formats says you can use the format [Time] to specify the format specified in the Windows control panel. However, in my Region settings in Windows 10 Control Panel, the Short Time is "3:52 PM", and the Long Time is "3:52:13 ...
Hi Powerbuilder developers! I want to create a popup that will start from the same position as the application frame window. I open the popup window and then change it's X coordinate to match the MDI frame X position. In the attached picture you w...
Just had to do an upgrade of PowerServer to the 2019 version but now after I deploy the application successfully when I try to run it gives the attached error. I'm still running PB 2017 and do not wish to upgrade at this time to 2019. I'm guessing ...
I created a simple response window that contains only a datawindow control. Both window and datawindow have buttonface as background color.When I run this window, both of them have the same color when not using themes and also when using all themes e...
Has anyone else seen this? My setup: PB version = PB 2017 R3 or PB 2019 R2 (same behavior = potentially legacy issue) Windows = 10.0.19041.21 Anomaly seen: When user moves menu's toolbar and snap it to bottom edge the toolbar doesn't lock to ...
Good day, PB gurus I am wondering if any of you have done integrating the AdobeSign into a PB application?  If so, would be possible to share any insight/method used? Thank you CJ...
I currently have PB 2017 R2 installed on my Windows 7 Desktop and would like some advice on how I can transfer the license to allow me to install the PB onto my Windows 10 Laptop....
PB v12.1 b7055Client/Server appWindows 7 64 bit SP 1Is there a way to get a unique ID for my current app? Ideally I'l liketo get a unique LONG of STRING value that uniquely identifies the current instance of the app. That way if I have 3 instances of...
Dear Armeen -    It appears as if I have managed to convince my company to at least LOOK at the new version of PowerBuilder. It took long enugh, but I finally found someone in upper management who was receptive. In that vein, the company has the foll...
Hi Guys! I need to know if is possible to do break a long text in multi lines in a tooltip...
Is it possible to change dddw child for a column based on other values in the row?...
Hello All: After migration from PB 12.5 Classics to PowerBuilder 2017 R3 we are facing an issue with the images and pictures. All pictures on PictureButtons (assigned via PictureName) are visible in the appropriate objects. They are not visible whe...
Hi, Does anyone know if there is or will be a Powerbuilder support for Azure Cosmos DB? https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cosmos-db/https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/introduction Regards,Marcin  ...

There are no discussions available here currently