Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Situation: Application was using .hlp file. User converted to windows 10 and help stopped working. As is known, Windows 10 no longer supports .hlp files. I do not have access to the code for this production app. All I can do is change the file name ...
Hi Gurus, I have web service, which was in Old version (pb 10.5) and convert to pb2017r3 , it is working from Design & Runtime(Exe) . When I convert to web I changed the code and using "appeonwebservicecomponent" as mentioned in the help, it is ...
Hi All, I'm trialing PowerBuilder 2019 to upgrade an existing application currently on PB9. Did an auto upgrade using PB2019 and everything compiled well. Modified the code block to connect to MS SQL 2014 DB using OLE DB (I assume thats the best cho...
In PowerBuilder 2019, the way to connect a Rest-Api is with this:   Application Window--client= CREATE RESTClientclient.SetRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/json")client.SetRequestHeader("Accept-Encoding","gzip") Function Window-- String ...
We have using SnapDevelop quite successfully on a project where the middle tier connects to an Oracle database.   I have a process that is run from an Oracle procedure that takes about 30 seconds to complete if run from within Toad or another SQL t...
PB2017r3 Windows 10 I had an issue that I have not seen before.  I did not see anything in the questions and answers about it, I was wondering if anybody else has seen a similar issue. I have a window opened as a sheet.  This window, when a user c...
Hi there, i'm experiencing a strange behaviour using PB Native source control (PB2019 Build 2082).I'm working on an application migrated from pb2017 and it is like the second time that i grab an object using check out, modify it, then check in. Later...
Hi, I am using the following code to read data from a web service. However, i get the same Picture every time. How do i clear the Blob to get the new picture? I am using PB 2018 R3 Build 1858. Thanks http = create httpclientli_rc = http.ClearReq...
Hi. I am using PB 2017 R3 Build 1858. When exporting a datawindow to excel12 the width of the string-columns is huge (254,29), regardless of whether the column contains onbly short texts. When using excel8 for export the columns are only 10,71 wide...
Hello, all Is it possible to participate in the beta program for PB 2019 Beta? Currently we are heavy users of COMs and it is extremely important to us to access and, if possible, fix the limitations of the new versions when working with .NET assem...
Happy New Years to All and thank You to all that replied to my last question. By the way I was able to display and save the current date and time correctly. [ 12/30/2019 7:50 am ] <- field 4  Can You help me to compare this, date and time, data f...
I upgraded from PB 2017 R3 Build 1880 to Build 1915 (PWRBLDR-2017R3LTS-MR07-1915-EN) but now PB is not running. When I install the new build I get the following message: ---------------------------Self-Registration Error---------------------------T...
Anyone know if there is a 64 bit version of the PFC?   Thanks ahead of time! Kyle  ...
PowerBuilder Universal  2019  We are in the process to use AWS S3 for our file server, I presume that to access it from within PB we will need to use the REST, JSON or other objects.   Does anyone know about a good document or link for some exampl...
Hi Guys Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I'm using an ODBC driver to connect to a Progress Database 'Progress OpenEdge 10.2B Driver' Everything seems to work fine until I try and use the GROUP BY clause   SELECT pub.sfevent...
Hello, I have Powerbuilder 2017 R3 Build 1858 installed on my computer and my subscription contract is current and up to date. How do I upgrade to Powerbuilder 2019?...
I have a relatively new installation of PB 2017 and I am having a number of issues with source control. I am using PB 2017 R3 build 1858 on Windows 10 with Version Manager 8.2. The source control status is never saved. Everything looks like it is no...
Hi all, Was looking through the site trying to find out if the general release for PB 2019 contains the enhancements and bug fixes in PB 2017 R3 LTS?     As always, thank you for your time.   Kyle Griffis  ...
Good afternoon.I'm trying to deploy the solution to a separate web server.There are no errors when checking the settings.When I try to deploy the solution, I get an error - Error 02005.There are files on the local machine.What could this be related t...
HOw can i Encode a String to Base64 ??? please i need help...

There are no discussions available here currently