Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi All, Phishing attempts from several brand new user accounts flood especially the "PowerServer Web" forum today. I have reported all such attempts that I discovered. I know others also report suspicious behavior. Please be careful and don't click...
Hello, I want my drop downs to line up on the right and the labels to line up to the left, how do I do this? Both drop down boxes should start at the same spot, not just after the label ...
Hi. The Appeon Newsletter 2020 in January made the following comment: Oracle Compatibility Alert for PowerBuilder UsersExisting versions of PowerBuilder are not compatible with Oracle 18c or 19c. If you are using PowerBuilder 2019, please apply MR #...
Hi , currently I'm using Power Builder 2017 to develop a windows application and I need to Know if there is a way to: Enable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) in my executable. Currently when I deploy my application all binaries generated have DE...
We are using PB2017 R3 Build 1858 running on Windows 10 to develop in-house client-server desktop applications.  Our applications all use 3D borders on the various buttons and controls which are rendered perfectly in the applications once compiled, b...
Hi  I am currently using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and wanted to connect to our Sybase ASE 16 databases using ODBC.  My applications provide a login page so I wanted to suppress the ODBC login page and use the application's one.  I hope I can use DbParm ...
Hi  i am working on the deployment my project on windows 2016 VM i am getting "PBVM190.DLL is missing from your Computer" error when i am using Dll build from Appeon 2019, even the depolyment kit on the server is 2019 on (C:\Software\Appeon\Shared)...
I have several pbl in my project that are associated to separated resource files (.pbr) I've noticed that the resource icons listed in the pbr failing to be included when i use the autocompiler. Is there a specific command line option that i need to...
Hi I need to send emails from PB (2017 R3, build 1915) by Outlook OLE I am able to send any email but I would like to, and sort of have to, change the From to a DoNotReply@emailaddress.com instead of my own.   I have researched and come across ma...
Hi With PowerBuilder 2019 R2, can we transform the new web browser control into an HTML editor (like Internet Explorer?) Regards Thierry...
Hi all, I need to save greek letters input by the user into the SQL Server database.  Table columns are of type nvarchar Datawindow Update does not work as it saves ??? instead of the letters I tried to create the update SQL statement with update...
Hi there, Powerbuilder 2019 Build 2082 Suddenly I can't create a new function or duplicate a function. I tested in different windows and different projects. What do we have to do?...
Hi, Bit of a long shot - is there a way to change a datawindow from grid - to free form or tabular , maybe by editing the source ? Because i have had a few instances recently where i have a grid datawindow and wanted to use the same data but presen...
Good evening, We have application using the default character set going against an Oracle 12c back-end. We have to occasionally enter customers with Spanish names. We are in the process of updating the affected table column definitions from VARCHAR2...
I have a very small application that builds and runs in the IDE with no issues.  The .exe crashes with "unresolvable external (window name) ..." when I call the window from clicked event of menu.  One or two menu items work but most fail with this me...
Have a small app that builds and runs in the IDE without issues or errors.  The .exe doesn't even open anything and there are no messages of any kind.  Using PB 2019 Trial and starting to get concerned.  Just sent out a question about menu errors tha...
PowerBuilder Version 2017 R3 Build 1880   I’m getting the below error while opening my workspace Appeon powerBuilder 2017 R3 has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you...
Hi all, I am facing a strange issue while fetching an array of a specific object type from .NET C# to PB 11.2 (classic) via COM. My C# code is as follows: namespace RestHandler { [ComVisible(true)] [Guid("3CF8AB49-5E7D-4719-B277-5047C6A...
Hi - I was converting some DataWindows to a C# modal that has some Computed Fields that use a custom global function written in PowerBuilder.  How can I add a C# static function written to do the same when evaluating expressions (DWCompute) on these ...
PB 2019R2 beta includes PS 2020.  Is this considered a production copy of PS 2020, or is this considered beta version of PS2020?...

There are no discussions available here currently