Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
So just built our largest application in PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Build 2703 from PowerBuilder 2017 R2 Build 1769 and the tab headers appear to be larger than they used to be, so things no longer line up correctly. Am I just making it up? Is this a know...
I have created a RibbonBar that contains a LargeButton with a menu in PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Build 2670.  The contents of the menu are dynamically populated at runtime.  When running the application, clicking on the LargeButton opens the menu.  However...
Hi, an error occurred while attempting to call PL/SQL Oracle procedure with string array as parameter using Oracle 19 server. Tried to install Oracle 19 client and set PBNewSPInvocation='Yes' in the DBPARM connection parameter with no result. I sa...
Hello, I am using PB 2019 R3 2703 Trail. I am trying to switch an MDI application to the RibbonBar. I start the application and select a window from the Ribbonbar, it is called but it is not visible. With the old menu everything works.The call in t...
Hi  I`m just starting to work whit SnapDevelop and .net DataStore,   while learning C# as well. I'm trying to get the column type from my Generic type DataStore , has anyone out there have an example on how to do this. So far I can get the column na...
We are using the Microsoft OLE browser object in PB 2017 and PB 2019 (we're migrating over). Does the Microsoft OLE Web Browser object still use Internet Explorer or does it use Edge? We are having issues with the new native web browser since it do...
Does anyone know where there is a list of all of the PB runtime errors (Rnnnn) and either the text of the accompanying message or a brief description of each error? I'm normally able to locate info like this, but I've struck out. TIA...
Hello, Know where I can find PFC_n_cst_filesrvWin32 "like" file services extracted and abstracted from the PFC? I need to port PFC visual layer service code to a non-visual service layer. The windows code uses directory and a few other n_cst_filesr...
Hi all, I'm using orca script as part of automated build (PB2019R3) as SC i'm using Github so I have ws_objects directory which contains subdir for each pbl and inside that subdir there are files for each object in pbl.   orca script : start sess...
Hello,   I have an application that looks at a Sybase ASE 15.7 database with fields of Numeric(18,0). All values in the database are whole numbers. I recently noticed that in one datawindow the field would display properly as 1002000000002399, but ...
Hello all   Can i display mp4 files with the new webbrowser control ? the files  are located on the local pc / network  When  i am trying to navigate to a file , the control opens a black screen and noting happend  as you can see the image attac...
The help topic 'standard datatypes' says this about the Time datatype: The time in 24-hour format, including the hour (00 to 23), minute (00 to 59), second (00 to 59), and fraction of second (up to six digits), with a range from 00:00:00 to 23:59:...
I finally identified the cause of the performance slowdown in both PBv12 and PB2019R3. The problem is the DBPARM option "DisableBind=1". Removing the DISABLEBIND=1 from the DBPARMS resolves the issue in both PBv12.1 and PB2019R3.   Solution: Ch...
Hi, I try to integrate MS WebBrowserControl ActiveX component with PB DataWindow (OLE presentation style) or its OLE control. The aim is to display html page by text reference that is stored in some dw column. All my efforts are not working and wb...
Hi, I'm inheriting and assuming project responsibilities for multiple existing PowerServer apps.  Is there a way to get existing toolkit profiles from another dev machine and avoid recreating them all ?  (sorta like DBProfile sharing or common netw...
Hi,   We have been using the native pdf method for some time now for generating pdfs for datawindows.   Because of some problems that not seem to be very prioritized by Appeon, we need to go back to using Ghostscript for one of the applications ...
Hello,   I noticed with Powerbuilder 2019 there is now an XML file that is generated whenever an application is deployed that specifies where to look for the runtime. This seems to be rewritten every time an application is deployed, so if I change ...
Hi to everybody. I was running Build & Deploy PowerServer Project and i got the error message shown in the attach image. I really appreciate your help.   PD. I'm working with PowerBuilder 2021 CloudPro Edition Build 1288, and Oracle 11g as RD...
I migrated our workspace from PB2019 R2 to PB2021 yesterday, and noticed that custom images (all 16x16 pngs with transparent backgrounds) have a pixelated look around the edges in the debugger and in compiled programs. The previews in the editor, bot...
Hi Guys   is there a way to set up a web api odata compliant with SnapDevelop and .NET DataStore? Thanks...

There are no discussions available here currently