Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, We have passed our application programmed with powerbuilder 2019 R3 to be executed through remote desktop in Window 2019 Server and we find that closing the response windows takes about 30 seconds to close the window and there is no code appa...
There is something weird happening in DW rowfocuschanged  event. I simply pass a key like dw1.retrieve(key) which works sometimes and sometimes not(compiled version). I do reset the dw before I pass the key. I have debugged and checked this several ...
Hi, We are aware that Appeon has announced the pending EOL of Appeon Mobile and Powerserver (PB Edition) from Powerbuilder 2021 and that developers will be advised to migrate code to C# APIs in order to leverage other mobile technologies going forwa...
I thought this would be easy, but I'm stuck trying to find code to scroll a given row to become the top row of a DataWindow. I can get the desired row into the display with ScrollToRow(row) but nothing I have tried (including some proposed solutions ...
Whether there is anybody has PowerWebsocketClient.dll for PB2017 or previous version? Learn from an article on internet, it seems can access PowerServer via WebSocket, if cannot found, I have to try to find another way ...
I am looking for examples or anything that shows how we might be able to consume web sockets in PowerBuilder ... is that possible?   Thank you!...
Hi,   Can I please have the guide line or some examples to call / preview / export crystal report from Power builder 2019 R3.  Thanks, Falguni...
Hi, Which way Linux or Windows the better option to host powerser2021 (APS.NET)? I will appreciate your guidance....
Hello, Is there any way to bookmark few discussions that went on in this forum ?   Few discussion that we thought useful, could not retrieved or recollected later.  We feel that if there is a provision to bookmark few discussion(s) it will be better...
Hello, This has been bothering me for quite a while now. PowerBuilder editor does not seem to render W and M correctly when  they are followed by a space or punctuation. A part of the alphabet gets cut off. Uppercase or lowercase does not matter and...
Hi Guys   we want to use multithread approach to improve some of our routines but we find out that in shared objects global variables are not valued Is this a bug, a feature and how can we solve?   Thanks a lot...
We are having issues with one of our Developers not being able to use her PowerServer AEM client with our PowerBuilder CloudPro license. As far as I can tell she has a valid license assigned, and her PowerBuilder client is working. The AEM is giving ...
Hi everyone,I've just deployed the client side of a sample application "Installable Cloud App" to Azure (as a App Service). The PowerServer for now is running from my localhost.When executing the app on mi PC (accessing from a web browser) appears th...
Hi, I see ContextKeyword is unsupported for PowerServer.   Is there any way to get client Windows system variables (specifically %LOCALAPPDATA%) in PowerServer 2020?   Alternatively, determine programmatically the path of the IWARunner program files...
Hello, PB 10.5 Application in Windows 7 SP1   -> Works fine. PB 10.5 Application in Windows 10 -> Running from IDE, when application closes PB (IDE) also closes. PB 10.5 Application Migrated to PB 11.5 in Windows 10 -> Running from IDE, w...
Hi, I want to silently install cloud app launcher, have read from from this link https://docs.appeon.com/ps2021/bk03ch05s01.html My question is where do you run this command below. In the server or client machine or at deployment (under run option)...
PowerBuilder 2019 #2170 - desktop app and SQL Server. We use SNC for our main connection but some functions make a separate ODBC connection. The question is whether Encrypt=yes in the DBParm takes precedence over the encryption setting in the ODBC ...
I'm wondering if there is a way to catch key combinations from within a PB application without touching each and every window (for a SDI)?  I came across this previous question but it involves modifying every window to provide the functionality. How...
Hi,I am trying to call a rest service that has a self signed certificate, I am using the RestClient class. Do you know how to configure this to work? Currently I get return code "-3 -- Cannot connect to the Internet" from the call. I am using PowerBu...
Hi all, From a long time I have a webservice that always worked fine. After I've installed the last PB 19.2.0.2703, if I create and install the msi file, when I call the webservice it return me SOAP SERVICE ERROR. I've found that the error is about...

There are no discussions available here currently