Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Good Afternoon! We have 2 applications written in PB2019 R3 2703 Runtime 19.2.0.2703. 1.) One is run automatically to generate PDF reports thru datawindow and save the PDFs into our database. 2.) The other one is users involved which means our use...
Hi Guru    I am developer of Powerbuilder.  if i stored programs object at users desktop. how can user  desktop automatically updated latest modified program object     William  ...
Hi all, First of all I think PowerServer is awesome and I love the concept. However we are not in the short term looking at using PowerServer, so my question really is do we benefit at all from upgrading to PB2021 from PB2019R3 if we are in fact N...
The RetistrySet function has just started to fail.  The app was writing to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (and windows was redirecting it to the VirtualStore) but for some reason it is now failing, and not for everyone, so far just a few.  I also noticed that on...
Hi,   We are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880. Could you please let me know the EOL for this Build?   Thanks & Regards, Jeyakumar Chinnapillai Senior Architect O: +91.80.7121.7103   M: +91.9880647251 Jeyakumar.Chinnapillai@allscripts....
Hello, i use the newest version of Powerbuilder. I Have migrated my project to the newest powerbuilder version and checked in the sourcecode. After that i created the build json(auftrag.json).When i build the program with PowerBuilder or with PowerG...
Hi my fellow PB friends,   Can I create a REST end point (PB application) so that other applications and services can call business logic written in PB ?   Thanks  Steen    ...
Hello,   I'm having trouble with .setfilter function. Well, I manage to make it work. What seems to be my problem is that I have a dropdown list and a datawindow. Everytime I clicked or picked on that dropdown the value will filter in my datawindow...
PowerBuilder v12.1 & PBv2019R3Oracle 12CPostgreSQL v12Windows 10, 64 bit platform I know this is not an Eclipse forum, I'm just hoping someone knows an Eclipse expert that would be willing to help me!!!Summary:I need an Eclipse expert to tell me...
Hello, I have a PowerBuilder function which returns an array of members of an ActiveDirectory group. This works fine on my dev PC. However, when deployed it runs fine on some PCs but does not work on some others. I am unable to get to rootDSE when i...
HI, I am trying to create business rule engine in my application where rules are given an ID and stored in DB table. Rule's coding done using nvo function. I wanted to see if I can store that function name in a DB table and call it dynamically depen...
hi what is the way to define "from" in outlook application message. for example from :tali@gmail.com  Oleobject lole_msg lole_msg = CREATE OLEObject lole_msg = lole_session.CreateItem(0)lole_msg.Subject = as_subject   lole_msg.from - this is n...
Hai Appeon team, I am trying to import .net standard dll which was created in snapdevelop to create QRcode. but while I am importing the dll getting below error."Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard Version=2.1.0.0, Culture-neutral,PublicKey...
I have completed migrating my PowerBuilder source to PowerBuilder 2021 on my local machine.  We use GitHub as a repository.  How do I all my migrated pbl files to GitHub repository?  ...
Hello all   I am trying to read an xml file from my app - just using the standard way . fileopen , fileread , pos and mid to get the data . The file contains Hebrew letters which shown on screen as symbols .  I have tried encoding ans so on but n...
I'm needing some clarification with an environment configuration. Working with a team that has roughly 34 PowerBuilder licenses.  They are in the process of moving from TFS over to Git. They just sent out a working document on installing and config...
After I migrated the legacy code (Powerbuild 7) to PB2019 successful, and ran application but I got the error message " Unable to initialize client library context" when I clicked OK button on login window.  I did setup the database connection throug...
Hello, My organization prohibits usage of FTP but allows FTPS. Is it possible to use FTPS for direct deployment to the PowerClient server ? Thank you very much ! Pierre  ...
Hi, I'm using this snipet to get info about runtime : string ls_versioncontextinformation lcx_keyGetContextService ( "ContextInformation", lcx_key)lcx_key.GetVersionName ( ls_version ) But it returns 19.2.0 Im using PB 2019R3 and runtime 2703. I...
Hi all, hope this wasn't asked before: Creating the web api sample project from snap development 2021 I get a service listening on localhost:5000. Connecting with a test program consuming on this address works fine. When I change the IP address in ...

There are no discussions available here currently