1. Richard Lynskey
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 25 August 2021 15:36 PM UTC

I migrated our workspace from PB2019 R2 to PB2021 yesterday, and noticed that custom images (all 16x16 pngs with transparent backgrounds) have a pixelated look around the edges in the debugger and in compiled programs. The previews in the editor, both the tree menu and the WYSIWYG view, have the icons look "normal" as they did in previous versions of PowerBuilder. Replacing an image with the same image sized to 32x32 gives me a larger menu of course, and there is no pixelization. I have also noticed that simply setting the MenuImage option at runtime (to the exact same file) either before or after the menu renders causes it to render correctly with no pixelization. This seems like a bug, but I'm wondering if these images need to simply be sized differently up front as I migrate our targets.

Accepted Answer
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 26 August 2021 10:03 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi,

Maybe this has something to do with it: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/search/view?id=6485

Some bug was fixed, but not in way of having the same quality back.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Mark Lee @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 27 August 2021 08:05 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Richard,

I checked ticket 6485, tested the related case in ticket 6485 using PB 2021 GA Build 1288 and can confirm that it has been fixed in PB 2021 GA, but there are still some quality back like Miguel said.

Can you confirm that you still encounter the same issue as ticket 6485 after upgrading to PB 2021 GA Build 1288?

If yes, I think this should be a regression bug. I suggest you report your PB/InfoMaker issue via our support ticketing system to ensure it is being properly received by our tech support and tracked at: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug and please also provide a sample PB test case (including PBT/PBL) when you submit it to the ticket system. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.