Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We've recently upgraded to PB 2021 R1 and after doing an SVN Update, the following message appears. What does it mean and what does it appear. All object on SVN had already been migrated to PB2021 R1? Thanks...
Hi, I've installed PowerBuilder  / PowerServer 2021 and am following the Quick Start tutorial "(Minimal efforts) Updating the sample PowerServer project and deploying it" but am getting an error when I get to the step "Running the installable cloud ...
Hi, There is a client requested to host powerserver 2021 to Microsoft Azure. I need help on how to host app in the Azure. I will appreciate step by step tutorials. with kind regards....
I have an application that creates a number of reports and saves them as Excel files with the XLSX! save as type and file extension.xlsx. All the reports open in Excel 2016 except one. The one exception can be saved with the EXCEL! SaveAs type and it...
We have the legacy application built with PB7. It ran on VM with Windows 10 , 64 bits. We want to upgrade PB7 to PB 2019. We moved the code to another virtual machine and installed PB 2019, and tried to open pbl files , but there is nothing happened ...
Hello, i got problem when i compile on IDE. executable file it not build because my IDE powerbuilder compiler is pbc.exe as attachment image. but file not here under powerbuilder program path. it have only pbc190.exe.   so i found workaround whe...
Hi,   I am creating a datawindow - from a single table - i want it to group - a field - in this case number of washes, what i would like is for it to group it in say 10s so 0-9 washes 10-19 washes etc.    regards and thanks in advance    Andre...
Hello everyone!   I have request to create XML invoice file and electronically sign it with general electronic signature (xmldsig) or advanced electronic signature (XAdES). Did anyone worked on something similar in PB and could give me any advice?...
put multiple updates of datastores in a try catch, if update fails in one or many uf the datastores no exception is fired, but if checked the update ifsreturning -1 but no option to get the update error : try{ lds1.update(true,PbResultStyle.Flags);...
Hai, While I am click the Compile & Run Web APIs, coming this error. what is the mistake with me ?...
Hi, Our 2017 R3 version shows Appeon PowerBuilder Universal Edition in the About box. Our 2019 R3 version shows Appeon PowerBuilder CloudPro Edition in the About box. This is unexpected but was unnoticed until today. Why is this so? However, PowerB...
What devices support applications using PowerServer 2021? Is the device list different from previous versions of PowerServer?   Regards, Joe Hess...
Just want to make doubly sure before I run the install... Is it safe/possible to have PowerBuilder 2019 R2 and PowerBuilder 2021 both installed on the same workstation?...
Our operations people did some microsoft updates last wee to the local machines. And of course, they do not know which updates they did (SOP for this group). When they did these updates, our MailSession functionality stopped working. We woulld get a...
Hi, Is it possible to run PowerServer 2021 applications on a server without internet access? I noticed 2 things in the documentation that indicates a runtime internet dependency. 1. Licensing. Access to the license server is required.Source: https...
Good day everyone,   Just wanna ask if what is the difference between PowerClient and the new PowerServer?   thank you very much in advance…...
Hello everyone, i've successfully built and deployed my pb2021 cloud app, then compiled the web api and everything worked fine on my local machine.Later i've tried to publish the PS web api to a remote web server configured on a windows 2016 server m...
PB 2019 build 2170 dw user object inherited from an ancestor dw user object   in the dw painter, edit tab, for column customer_id, i've checked required in the ancestor user object i call a function that loops through the column names to deter...
Hello, How can I install the cloud app launcher on the client to a custom folder? The group policy on my laptop blocks running it from the default installation path. Thanks! K...
I am getting a windows exception when I try to open any datawindow in the dw painter from the IDE running on terminal server on a  2008 winserver. What I did b4 the exception: I created new datawindow graph,  I saved the datawindow to the wrong PBL...

There are no discussions available here currently