Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, PB 11.5, SQL Server 2012 Express, Windows Server 2012 R2 (in server) and Windows 7 (in clients)Also SQL Server 2000 is there to view old data. Every day at a particular time (between 3.00 to 3.30 pm), Powerbuilder application gets disconnect...
Hi; I have an Infomaker report that is acting up after many years. When any user, including admin, runs the exe, the Windows User Account Control pops up with "do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?" ...
HI guru   do you know what is best connective way connect sql server 2016 using powerbuilder 2019 r3    (1) SNC (2) odbc (3) OLE DB   is sql server 2016 not support snc ?   William ...
Hello,   I'm testing the PB 2021 Beta taking a PB 2019 R2 project as a reference, the project is deployed on PowerServer Web 2019 and it uses Appeon FileServer. After updating my code to the new version and deploying it using CloudApp, when I try t...
We have an aging Server 2012 with some NVO's (with multiple datawindows) hosted through PB 10.5's PBVM. Our new server is 64bit, PB 10.5 VM no longer works with it, and I'm looking into ways to replace it. I haven't been able to find any good guides...
We just recently upgraded to PB 2019 R2 and have begun rolling out our application to customers this last month and of the first 40 sites, 2 had runtime issues with TX13.dll because of Malwarebytes? Has anyone else had this issue and is there a bette...
Hello friends.   I am testing an application compiled in PB 12.6 and using a COM object from a .NET Library generated in .NET Framework v4.6.1, but at moment to consume the functionality, something like this: Object_com = CREATE OLETxnObject ll_re...
In Powerbuilder 2019 R3, I open my Database Profile and do not see ODBC. It was there a couple of days ago, but now it's gone. What's strange is I have a default profile set up within ODBC and that default connection still connects when I open a data...
Hello!Trying to work with the 2019 R3 web control enhancements. I saw a solution posted here in the forums and I'm trying to get that to work as a starting point, but it's not triggering the local PB event from JavaScript. My question is this - sho...
Hi all, I did use PFC libs in past, but never need to migrate to new version of them. How do you use PFCs now when GIT is usable in PB2019. Do you have your own fork of PFCs from https://github.com/OpenSourcePFCLibraries/2019 and then use that fo...
Hi, We're running a PB19 R3 application on our production server, with a webbrowser object. I see that multiple copies of pbcefclient are opening, basically one(or more) for each of our users. Could someone please explain what this exe is for.  I...
Hi, I'm wondering how Elevate 2020 will run for those of us in less conference friendly time zones?  Will all the presentations run from 9am to 5pm EST?  When will video replays be available to watch?  I think 9am EST is 1am in my local time, so I th...
We are currently working to upgrade from PowerBuilder 12.5.1 Build 4015 to Appeon 2019 R3 Build 2703 We have a datawindow that does a straight update to a specific table using the datawindow's update properties.  We also have columns that are NOT pa...
Hi We have migrated to Appeon PB 2019 R2(Build 2328) a year ago. I am now trying to explore new features. First one was calling web service without using old proxy webservice object so when I declare AppeonWebServiceComponent caller I get compile e...
There's an enhancement request somewhere to add the capability for the NativePDF saving of DataWindows to append their output to an existing PDF. In the meantime, I really wanted that ability, so users of our software could put multiple reports into...
我想获取到当前连接的wifi 的名称 ID...
Hai, I can't deploy perfectly the powerserver application. While I click the Run POwerSErver Project, I am getting the below error.   Hmmm… can't reach this page It looks like localhost closed the connection Try: Checking the connection Ch...
In offline mode of the PB R2 License, I am not able to see Appeon web demo. (5 lessons are there to covert desktop application to web application) . Basically, need to know the lessons or guidance for converting desktop to web based application. Req...
Hi all, I'm writing a new event to be called from the RMB Menu.  I noticed that I can't seem to override the ancestor scripts.  This is true for older event too... I recently upgraded from PB12 to PB19... now all my rbuttonup events are showing the ...
How does powerbuilder webservices application handle multiple requests at the same time.  For example, does it use pooled connections or does it try to open a new connection for each thread....

There are no discussions available here currently