Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi all. I have a powerbuilder app that runs from the scheduler to automatically generate PDFs from datawindows, hence no messageboxes, etc.  When I added some messageboxes to debug, the app worked. When I remove those, it hangs. I suspect that the m...
Hi,  Have any chance to translate english - Arabic or any other from powerbuilder ?...
I can't get the PowerServer application to connect to the database while running. The PowerBuilder application is 32-bit and uses a 32-bit ODBC (SA17). It connects and runs as usual when running as a PowerBuilder app.This is with a .ini file for the...
Hi Can I suppress Powerclient Error 3010 (the folder is locked)? Expected behavior would be simply start the old version of the application (especially if the app version is marked as compatible). The reason is: An user has an app already running a...
Hi How do you install database drivers (and other shared resources) through PowerClient? What's the best practice? Before Powerclient I had a regular installer ( made with Wix ) which made a separate folder in program files. Therefore applications...
Hi all, I've got an array of numbers.  I'd like to find out if a particular number is in the array, and if it's there, remove that element from the array. Right now I do it manually, by looping through the array.  It's not very big array, just thou...
Hi, How can I add en entry to the windows application event-log from a 64 bit PB2019R3 application? Any feedback is most appreciate :-)   // Steen  ...
Buenas Tardes a todos. Snapdevelop la versión de powerserver 2022.  contiene lo de la hoja de ruta propuesta .. como por ejemplo hacer un Crud.. utilizando plantillas HTMl?...
Hello everyone, We have implemented a "MS O365 Graph API email sending" procedure in PB using a Client Credentials Workflow. It works well. Now we need to manage Proxy.  In java we can connect by adding the proxy parameter to openConnection if nec...
*Phenomenon: connected to mssql in powerbuilder and tried to run the exe *Reproduce Steps: Run the application using MSSQL Remarks: Please let us know how to resolve the issue. // Profile PRC SQL SQLCA.DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)...
Hello everybody,I'm testing my PB Client / Server application (PB2021) compiled with PowerServer2021. The data server is Oracle 12c. The application makes use of calls to Oracle StoredProcedure (PL/SQL) and in the PowerServer version I have some pro...
Buenas tardes a todos..   Alguien tiene un ejemplo en power builder que maneje diagrama de Gant.     Muchas gracias Att Carlos P...
I'm wondering why SnapDevelop was not branded as PowerSharp instead that would align with other Power* product brands. Thoughts?...
Hi all, I'm still reworking a bunch of old code.  Just wondering, why use a Datastore instead of an invisible Datawindow on the window? ~~~Tracy  ...
Hi all, I migrated an application to pb 2021, and noticed that when I try to view my instance variables, all I see is the window open event script. I've got the Layout, Properties and Script panes open.  From the Script pane, I click on Declare, and...
Looking or documentation on available options, etc for the <pb.ini> file. Does that documentation even exist?...
Powerbuilder 2021 ver. 1311. Oracle 12. SQLserver 2019   We are migrating from Oracle to MSSQLSERVER.  I am encountering an issue with Data Windows.  My objective is to make sure the Data windows function under both Databases without a lot of re-too...
I created a sql server stored procedure, works fine in both the SQL Query tools and in a datawindow i created which uses Stored Procedure as the definition source In the PB IDE Painter I can retrieve the datawindow results, it executes SP just fine ...
Today I received a message from Appeon about availability of PB 2022 Beta version and downloaded it. However I got 2 errors that installations of .NET 3.1.23(x86) and ASP.NET 3.1.23(x86) failed although their (x64) versions installed fine. I have Win...
Hi  It says on the roadmap that there would be runtime runtime performance optimization. Doers anyone have any experience as to what that in fact is giving in the PB 2022 release ?   Thanks Steen    ...

There are no discussions available here currently