Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Guys,   I have an issue with MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server driver in PB2022 , our application is build in 32bit  since our application supports only 32bit due to some third party objects not compatible to 64 bit architecture.  In client machine, our ap...
Hi All, Does PowerBuilder support the integration of CyberArk Enterprise Password vault(EPV) AIM? If it does, can someone tell me what version of PowerBuilder that supports it? We are currently using PowerBuilder 2017 R2.   Thank you for your help...
Hello, As we have the possibility to deploy a new version of Powerbuilder with the new version of our KTP product, which is the better choice 2021 or 2022? At the moment we are using the 2017 and 2019 versions.   Thanks for the advice.   Best r...
The PB 21 tutorial says to reference the pbtutor.chm file.  I did not have a copy of that file in the Tutorial folder, but there was a copy in Tutorial/Solutions. I copied the pbtutor.chm file into Tutorial, and now the help works for this location:...
Hello, We are testing Powerbuilder 2022 before installing it on our working environment. When we generate XML files through the datastore's SAveAs feature using an xml template, the first line of the XML file always ends with character LF (Unix mod...
Hello all together, Our Situation: PowerBuilder MDI Application (MDI StandardFrame) Using PFC (older version) PowerBuilder 2021 (1506) We have several hundred windows (inherited from PFC w_sheet). Most of these windows have their own menus (...
Hi all I have a back-to-back TriggerEvent call in a control. It looks like this: TriggerEvent('ue_event_1') TriggerEvent('ue_event_2') I need to get the ue_event_1's return value to determine whether or not to execute TriggerEvent('ue_event_2'). ...
Hi all, I have imported nvo from .NET dll. When I run application with imported nvo, after I close application and destroy of that nvo is called the dll is still locked and cannot be overloaded. Is there any propper way to destroy such a nvo to un...
Hello, Using PB 2019 R3 build 2703, Webbrowser control Need to call a powerbuilder event from a html file with JS function(s).  How to call it? Tried by going through few videos and codes from Appeon website. Window consists of a webbrowser (wb_1...
Demo application from WinterTree for Sentry Spelling Checker uses ActiveX 15.0, and this code works to find a handle that's passed to their 'as you type' spell checker. I'm trying to get it to work using the latest ActiveX 28.0 version in 2019 R3.  ...
Hi all, I need to do some cleanup just before application ends. Which of these events are ok for that? I will exist application using menu/exit it will fire pfc_exit but no pfc_close. When I close application usig close mdi_frame x then it will f...
Hi, I am using userobject structure to fill datawindow data.                                                                                                                                     i want to know how can i trigger itemchanged event for va...
I've been testing django-kronos with the simple example listed in the github readme: When using kronos payroll I did pip3 install django-kronos, myproject/myapp/cron.py: import kronos payroll import random @kronos.register('* * * * *') def co...
When I do a wb_1.Navigate("https://www.google.at/maps/dir/....") Googles webside asks me to accept the terms of use. If I do so, my webside opens fine. The next time I try this, I am asked again, I have to accept once more, it seems that the cooki...
I am using the European VIES API to check the VAT number of European customers. I send the country and vat number and get back a response. All works well except for the main country that I need and that is Greece which returns the result in Greek. ...
Hi,  i am currently having an issue where my cross tab data window that is within a composite data window is not wrapping onto a second horizontal page and i cannot seem to find out why. I have other report where the crosstab correctly wraps onto a ...
Bonjour, Pour signaler un bug. Lors de l'utilisation de la fonction controlname.RegisterEvent (string eventname) d'un objet webbrowser, si le message est la chaine vide, alors l'évènement n'est pas déclenché. Concerne PB2022 build 1878 et PB 2021 ...
Bonjour, Pour signaler un bug. Lors de l'utilisation de la fonction controlname.EvaluateJavascriptSync(string script{, ref string result{, ref string error}}) d'un objet webbrowser, si la réponse (result) fait plus de 2048 octets, le retour est Nul...
Hello All, We recently migrated to PB22. We normally just print a datawindow as a pdf, works great. We also occasionally use a Word template with bookmarks. We open the Word template, do a bunch of inserts into the bookmarks, then save the doc. Is ...
Hi,  I am doing a retrieve on a datastore and then exporting the datastore into a string and writing to text file. When I open the text file I get these weird Red Nul Characters.  When I print to console, it prints as " ". When I check string.Co...

There are no discussions available here currently