1. George Mikhailovsky
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 9 June 2022 17:05 PM UTC

Today I received a message from Appeon about availability of PB 2022 Beta version and downloaded it. However I got 2 errors that installations of .NET 3.1.23(x86) and ASP.NET 3.1.23(x86) failed although their (x64) versions installed fine. I have Windows 10 (x64) environment on my server and thought that these 2 errors are not essential in this case. However, I couldn't start PowerBuilder 2022 and didn't see its shortcuts after rebooting the server.

Does anybody know what could be the problem with installation .NET 3.1.23(x86) and ASP.NET 3.1.23(x86) and how to solve it?

I would be very grateful,

George

Aubrey Lin @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 10 June 2022 11:25 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi George,

For the installation of .NET 3.1.23(x86) and ASP.NET 3.1.23(x86), please check and help provide the following information:

1. Provide a copy of the log files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder Installer Beta\log.

2. Check control panel and see if there's a higher version of 3.1.XX(x86) on your machine.

3. Restart your computer. Download the offline installer from PowerBuilder Installer. Go to C:\ProgramData\Appeon\InstallPackages\PowerBuilder-2022-1716-EN-GA\SetupPrerequisites and install .NET 3.1.23(x86) and ASP.NET 3.1.23(x86) one by one. If there's any error message, take a screenshot for us.

For PB IDE, is there any error message when you try to open it? Please help provide a screenshot of the error or elaborate on how it fails to run.

Regards...Aubrey

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 9 June 2022 18:29 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi George;

I had the same issues on this when I tested the pre-release of the Beta on my W11 PC & reported that to Engineering. However, it does not seem to affect PS2022 operations. BTW: PS2022 can also run on .Net Core 6.x (also included in the install) - which I would recommend that you switch over to. HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. George Mikhailovsky
  2. Thursday, 9 June 2022 18:41 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. I also hoped that it won't affect PB 2022 operations, but the new version of PB wasn't installed at all. And when I check the latest version of .NET Framework, I see 4.8.4084. Probably, I have to wait until Appeon Engineering will fix the bug that you reported.

Thank you again,

George
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 10 June 2022 13:28 PM UTC
That would be the .Net Framework whereas PowerServer would be trying to install the .Net CORE framework & SDK. That is where my Beta install had issues - but, only on the 32bit part. Note that my test PC though is W11.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.